Forum

Author Topic: True 3D web presentation of Pscan outputs  (Read 11952 times)

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
True 3D web presentation of Pscan outputs
« on: May 24, 2012, 12:31:51 AM »
Hello all. today im find wery interesant solution HOW to showcase outputs from Pscan to wide public. im hoping this will not be taken as a promotion but as a solution for a lot of people here. please dig deeper for info,i get too bussy these days, but it seems that is what we need...... the firm was aquired by HEXAGON - Leica and other brands under them, and that mean it will be invested in development and integration on large scale in near future..... the C3 company was aquired by Apple, and the output is showed here, im think that Pscan can bring out much better outputs than their solution......

see example here, install the plugin first.....
http://kart.finn.no/3d/ is a showcase

and more can find out http://www.myvr-software.com/index.php/myvrproduct/3d-mapview

will try get info on pricing and other stuff......
----------------
www.mhb.sk

fpbv

• View Profile
Re: True 3D web presentation of Pscan outputs
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 05:19:14 AM »
Very good!

I will research on this.

Wishgranter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 04:21:56 PM »
they reply to my message over DEMO licensing, afther the BUY they canceled all licensing stuff and we must wait that aquisition is over.......
----------------
www.mhb.sk

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 05:54:14 PM »
Did you try this? it now supports colour, specular and normal maps - http://p3d.in/Ui03b

Wishgranter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 08:48:49 PM »
Yes, but for what we using is not capable handling it. this solution use LOD - Level Of Detail and therefore can be realy fast and support that is on other solution cannot......

All Game engine can use just 65k vertices/trias and therefore it colud not be used on LARGE projects.....
----------------
www.mhb.sk

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 09:59:09 PM »
Yes, but for what we using is not capable handling it. this solution use LOD - Level Of Detail and therefore can be realy fast and support that is on other solution cannot......

All Game engine can use just 65k vertices/trias and therefore it colud not be used on LARGE projects.....

Ooh, only for LARGE projects. Actually with that app you can upload larger than 65k, not all game engines have that limitation but I get the point....

Wishgranter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 03:11:14 AM »
the 65k limit is on most, because as im get intro that problem, is need that all vertices are loaded to shaders (registers) and they get this limit. Therefore mesh must be divided intro small chunks, and there is it problematic with texturing and etc..... ( this is for CryEngine, UDK, Unity ) this go for realtime engines.... its perfectly solved in Battlefield 3 - Frostbite 2 most of the meshes are procedural generated - Texture, displacement, normal map....  Something can be done with teselation but there are another problems too.

So a best solution is a LOD system with dynamic loading of meshes, only the one what is need is loaded to mem and released afther use. this need that a large mesh is divided into smaler pieces.

But as i get preview of very special eingine that work on pointclouds that are displayed - rendered as "mesh" not points. Autodesk buy the technolofy in november 2011 so it take time that is accesible to general public. but it could handle up to 2Bil points in realtime on standard hardware......
----------------
www.mhb.sk

Wishgranter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 02:41:32 PM »
the 65k vertex buffer size is hardware and sw limited, it uses 16bit adres space so a limit of 65534 vertices can be used - is about 80-120k trias, depend on topology. It seems that a next gen hw and sw will support a 32 bit adress space - Unreal 4 maybe ???.

Exist just a few "workarounds":
1. retopology - litle complicated on complex models, but is a interesant way.
2. segmentation - cuting in pieces, sometimes hard to archieve and use of LOD.
3. using a normal map and displace - teselation. nice explained here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXYeNiXHWmc&feature=player_detailpage#t=79s

and best if combined together.

Im preparing a pipeline for work that can be used on Buildings and landscapes. but wy goal is make it simple as possible, without too much programs envoved and shortest way. For the terrain i get already solution, currently working on buildings..... if everything go smoothly then in 1-2 months have ready videos for community here.....

----------------
www.mhb.sk

pagan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 04:45:20 PM »
Hi
I was following this discussion, which I believe is also very similar to this one:
http://www.agisoft.ru/forum/index.php?topic=391.msg1744#msg1744

I am not sure about full scenes in 3d but when it comes to single objects, if I have to say my point of view(I have been searching a lot on the web) I could not find a solution better then 3d PDF.

I am not saying that is the only solution but is the only one that I saw which does not require any plug-in for the browser(or at least is a quite popular format that everybody can acess nowdays) , is embeddable, it gives quite alot freedom on how to render your model(and this is very important at least for me) and most of all does not require to go trough any other steps between PS and the final result.
I am not sure about the polycount and resolution of the textures but I believe is enough for the web.

However if you know of any other way of achieving this without going through any other software, please let me know and I will be more then happy to experiment it.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:44:32 PM by pagan »

fpbv

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 04:24:33 PM »
Hi  guys

I would like to share some things I saw in the web. If you have your models you can use Sculpteo, upload your file and then will be online to see.
Quite good, but you must have a account and login to upload.
I liked because you can embed the file to your website/customer.
Check some I put there:
http://www.sculpteo.com/en/design/bebedouro-largo-da-ordem/PbT57boj?basket=1&noclickredirect=1
Another one is the http://p3d.in, Wishgranter send to me a link, good but has some size limitation.
Another thing I saw, and I hope you don?t mind to share here, is the www.3dsom.com web viewer.
Quite amazing!
If the guys at PS could deliver a web viewer like this I can tell you, I would sell LOT more projects to my clients. Trust me.

cmiVFX

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 10:11:26 AM »
Did you try this? it now supports colour, specular and normal maps - http://p3d.in/Ui03b

wow. registered. excellent tip.