Forum

Author Topic: Changing (color etc.) style of masks in Photoscan  (Read 2914 times)

WaltDixie

• View Profile
Changing (color etc.) style of masks in Photoscan
« on: February 13, 2017, 04:04:39 PM »
Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to adjust the way masks appear within the Photoscan GUI.

At the moment, there are three style changes I'm interested in:

• Overlay mask transparency on pictures : currently, when viewing an image, where its mask is defined the image appears darker (ie it's a 'black' transparency). For certain applications, I'd like to set it to 'green' transparency or some other colour, and adjust the level of transparency I want.
  • Overlay mask contour on pictures: I really like how the white contour is around the masked area in the standard style. Again, other colours or thicknesses would be helpful in some cases.
  • Adjust thumbnail view: The standard style shows the mask as black/white in thumbnail section. The main problem here is that I managed to add masks that don't show up in thumbnail for some reason. Is there a way to set those (the API only shows access to thumbnails for the Photo class, not the Mask or its Image class)?

For the last point, this is from masks created from an array that I converted into a single channel Image (with channel='I'), and then assigned to a mask using created_mask.setImage(img)

WaltDixie

• View Profile
Re: Changing (color etc.) style of masks in Photoscan
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 06:14:31 PM »
The last point can be ignored. The mask that I added had values of 0 and 1, and what was needed was 0 and 255.
That is, the 0 and 1 values seemed both black in the thumbnail view which expects mask images in [0, 255] range.

Still wonder about the other options though!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Changing (color etc.) style of masks in Photoscan
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 06:35:41 PM »
Hello WaltDixie,

Thank you for the suggestions. First two looks to be the features that can be included to the Appearance tab and be adjustable by user. We'll try to implement them in one of the 1.3.x updates.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC