Forum

Author Topic: Green vs Blue markers and their impact on geocorrection  (Read 10761 times)

patcarbon

• View Profile
Green vs Blue markers and their impact on geocorrection
« on: October 24, 2012, 11:41:11 AM »
I've seen mention of blue markers in the forum, but what about green ones?  I know that you can pin a marker, then it goes green, you can unpin it, then it goes blue and you can remove it to go grey.  None of these things seem defined in the manual!

So what is the difference between a blue and green marker?  How, exaclty, are the different markers (grey, blue and green) used in the initial 7-parameter transform and then in the optimise stage.  what I mean here is will bleu and green markers be treated differently.  Are there weights associated?

I have 25 markers to place in 2000 images.  In some cases, the images are a bit blurry and I'd rather not use the marker.  Should I leave it grey?

Patrice
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 11:45:35 AM by patcarbon »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Green vs Blue markers and their impact on geocorrection
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 12:20:16 PM »
Hello Patrice,

Actually the differents for single frame chunks (non-multiframe) is the following: the green flag is used for the projection defined or refined by user, and the blue ones are those placed automatically (using Guided approach for marker placement, for example).

Grey flags are not taken into account for triangulation.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

nickponline

• View Profile
What do the different colour flags mean with ground control markers?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 01:41:11 AM »
Hey Aleksey,

In PhotoScan when adding Ground Control Markers what is the difference between the grey, blue and green flags.

Also which flags are used when optimizing camera parameters and how are they used based on the colour?

Thanks

Nick