Forum

Author Topic: PS freezes at 98% of Detecting Points  (Read 2634 times)

DaveM

• View Profile
PS freezes at 98% of Detecting Points
« on: March 18, 2017, 05:39:33 PM »
Hi,

Photoscan has worked perfectly up to three days ago.  Not sure what happened, but in the Aligning Photos session it freezes at 98% of Detecting Points and has to be closed using Task Manager.

I've changed all the settings, reinstalled and deleted any software from the last few days, but still no luck.

This is PS Professional 1.3, latest build

Thanks for any guidance

Dave

DaveM

• View Profile
Re: PS freezes at 98% of Detecting Points
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 08:36:03 AM »
Hi,

Looking through my computer, the only change I can see since the last successful operation of PS is Windows update KB4013418.  There seem to be lots of complaints about this bricking computers, some even entirely.  The only programme I seem to have an issue is PS.

DaveM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 08:39:23 AM »
Forgot to say it is Windows 10 and system restore (Go Back) doesn't work as it is more than 30 days old.

Never had a Win 10 problem before.

Dave

DaveM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 09:20:17 AM »
Now installed windows update KB4013429, on the basis of 'if I can't go back, I may as well go forward'.  Locks PS at the same stag, so I tried opening an old file, which worked find, I then tried realigning that file and it locked up the whole computer.

Very frustarating as I have a big production job to run now.  Would it help to dual load linux and run PS through that?

Dave

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 12:46:44 PM »
Hello Dave,

I suspect that the issue may be related to the compatibility issues wit h the integrated graphic devices like Intel HD, for example, if you have them checked on in the GPU tab of the Preferences window.

Could you please uncheck all the integrated GPUs in the Preferences and re-start the processing? Also I suggest to enable saving the log to the text file, just for case it gets stuck again you 'll be able to send us the processing log up to the very last moment. 
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

DaveM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 01:57:04 PM »
Excellent! Production underway.

So what did I do wrong?  I must have left this checked when I was exploring the settings and forgot to uncheck it.

Thanks very much!

Dave