Forum

Author Topic: Volume carving tools  (Read 2305 times)

maddin

• View Profile
Volume carving tools
« on: March 27, 2017, 12:02:35 PM »
It would be really helpful if PS had some tools to draw outlines in individual photos and then use those outlines to do some sort of volume/space carving (by simply intersecting all the cone-like 3D structures that you get by extruding each outline from the camera position).

This would allow to quickly reconstruct some user-defined volumetric shapes that could optionally be refined by dense matching?

engelbeck

• View Profile
Re: Volume carving tools
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 06:00:40 PM »
This sounds like the same feature request I made entitled "Use Space Carving to Initalize Mesh"... In all fairness to Agisoft developers... many of the advantages of space carving have been captured by the ability to "Select Points by Masks..." on the "Dense Cloud" menu pick from the "Tools" men.  The only capability missing from what I read here is the ability to use the boundaries identified by the masks being used in defining the meshes.

+1!

Jeremiah_ROWE

Re: Volume carving tools
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 05:50:22 PM »
The keep up with the competition it is very important for PhotoScan to see some improved volumetric measuring tools soon.

I would like to see the options for customized base modes instead of just flat plane differences.

Thanks for all the hard work, this would be a huge benefit to current customers and if we see more usability we might be looking into purchasing additional licenses.