Forum

Author Topic: Create Marker in Orthomosaic View  (Read 5643 times)

GrinGEO

• View Profile
Create Marker in Orthomosaic View
« on: March 30, 2017, 02:01:06 PM »
Is there any way we could add marker in the Orthomosaic view? This would improve a lot this step to position the GCP. Becouse in Dense Cloud or in shaded view the resolution is always extreme low or the computer extreme slow (if texture has big sizes)

If you can add this feature. that would be awesoem

Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Create Marker in Orthomosaic View
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 02:07:44 PM »
Hello GrinGEO,

You can create marker in the ortho view mode if there's DEM generated in the same projection.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

GrinGEO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 04:32:57 PM »
great... but is there any reason why we need a DEM for this step?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 05:11:23 PM »
Hello GrinGEO,

It's necessary, because 3D point is required to project the placed marker back to the photos.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

JMR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 09:31:00 PM »
I use a strange workflow that works fine for non-geotagged imagery and it is fast.
1. align
2. rougly level sparse cloud and bounding box with red face down
3. build a mesh in heightfield mode
4. build texture with 4096 size
5. pin GCP's on model
6. delete mesh model
7. refine blue flags in all photos. (this step will be a lot faster if targets have been used and you enable automatic target projections refinement)

If you use this approach with non georeferenced imagery you just need to pin three distant markers and then import GCP coordinates file including those three, and then jump to gray flags manual placement for the remaining GCP

GrinGEO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 10:51:24 PM »
can you explain this workflow a bit better with some screenshots? looks very interesting

peterwatson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 01:36:43 PM »
Yes this sounds very interesting. Any more info/ screen shots appreciated.

Jeremiah_ROWE

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 04:11:55 PM »
I too use a similar workflow using imported GCP markers to refine UAV data EXIF location results.

After initial alignment, make a lo-res mesh and build a texture with a high enough resolution to pick see your GCP.

Right click onto the mesh where GCP is located and select Filter Images by Point, this loads all images than should contain the GCP.

From your filtered image list drop markers in just a couple photos, at that point you should have markers automatically generated (might need adjusting still) in all the related photos.

Using a textured mesh after initial alignment is a great way to narrow down to your GCP locations/images.

GrinGEO

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2017, 07:31:55 PM »
im wondering... I have massive difference between orthomosaic markers & 3d model markers.... when I put the markers in the orthomosaic they are retroprojected completely wrong on the reference images....

what could be wrong

GrinGEO

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2017, 07:56:46 PM »
also I hate the aspect that each time I open a single picture Agisoft is keeping the zoom factor from the last image. when I try to set the markers I need now always to entirely zoom out and than zoom in.

Could Agisoft not zoom automatically on the marker so that we can work much faster... we have about 5000 pics to optimize with 400 markers... this is a pain job

JMR

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2017, 10:08:38 AM »
also I hate the aspect that each time I open a single picture Agisoft is keeping the zoom factor from the last image. when I try to set the markers I need now always to entirely zoom out and than zoom in.

Could Agisoft not zoom automatically on the marker so that we can work much faster... we have about 5000 pics to optimize with 400 markers... this is a pain job
Hello GrinFEO you are posibly hating a cool agisoft feature. Try to do as follows.
1. select the marker you want to revise or refine in the project tree, then filter photos by marker by right click.
2. doble click the first photo in the phots panel and zoom to the marker to fix its position.
3. Make sure the marker is still selected (highligted) in the project tree and next/prev page key to browse all your photos zoomed and centered in the selected CGP, no more zoom in zoom out or panning is required.

Also, if you enable automatic marker refinement in the advanced tab in tools preferences, you will  see how super fast the process you are hating can be

Best regards.
GEOBIT

GrinGEO

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2017, 10:23:49 PM »
this automatic markers is something we are thinking already since a few days. In this case we have painted markers on the ground. but we need to try the automatic marker feature... it seems to be very promising.