Forum

Author Topic: Feature requests  (Read 27225 times)

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
Feature requests
« on: April 06, 2011, 01:58:13 AM »
Hello everybody, try putting here what we want from Agisoft LLC in  they fantastic software......
----------------
www.mhb.sk

Pixelsonic

• View Profile
Re: Feature requests - #1
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 12:01:09 AM »
Deleting points from the point cloud before building geometry.
(alternative to the box volume selection)

Pixelsonic

• View Profile
Re: Feature requests - #2
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 12:02:45 AM »
I´d love to select an area from the geometry to rebuild geomtry with higher resolution. Lets say I´ve build a geomtry with low resolution settings, but only a certain area needs refinement. It would be great to re-build just this area with better settings.

Pixelsonic

• View Profile
Re: Feature requests - #3 instant realtime display
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 12:22:49 AM »
Instant realtime display in the viewport when building geometry

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
Re: Feature requests
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 12:25:07 AM »
afther some crashes im see that Depht map is generated as a bitmap, can be normaly saved, for every picture and afther adding another pictures must be not calculated again ? i think a LOT of time can be saved....... in this times is HDD space no problem i think.....

----------------
www.mhb.sk

jan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 06:48:42 PM »
It would be nice if there was an option so that the alignement process and the geometry building could be processed in a single run. In that way, the most time consuming parts of the model building processes could run alone at night.

KEgg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 12:01:22 PM »
I'd love to see a way of assisting, or manually aligning chunks using markers (landmark points) that are associated between each chunk. This could be used when it comes to tricky areas, say with a head scan where you are wanting to add the top of a subjects head and the information is a lot harder to automatically distinguish because of hair and the fact the subject often has to tilt their head down. It would also help when the system seems to not pick up correctly on a chunk even though there should be enough information for it to work with, then scales it incorrectly and puts it in at a strange angle.

Similarly, this could also be used is assisting photo alignment. Its a great thought to be 100% automatic, but a little human help from time to time could benefit your final result.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 12:08:59 PM by KEgg »

jan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 12:44:50 PM »
It would also be interesting if photoscan automatically rejects overabundent photographs. So that you don't have to worry which selection of photographs is the most appropriate for making the model.

For example: Suppose that I have 500 highly overlapping photographs. Because processing 500 photos costs much time, I can select 100 out of 500 which are sufficiently overlapping to build the model. However this selection (a) costs time, and (b) it is unsure which selection to use for the best outcome. It would be great if photoscan automatically selects the needed photographs out of those 500 for the best given result.

ju523m

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 05:10:08 PM »
Hi folks,

I am running the Photoscan standard version on an Intel i870 at  3.2GHz, 8GB RAM, GEForce 9600 GT,  with Ubuntu10.04  AMD 64 .

It performs very well (including the GPU capavbilities), even with larger numbers of images in one chunk (tested 600  21 Megapixel images).

Because I found no info on command line capabilities of Photoscan, I assume there is no command line interface.

I would like to suggest it for implementation. Running the workflow in a batch job would be great,

Cheers

Thomas

Gatto

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 07:59:26 AM »
During mesh cleaning will be usefull to have a "freehand" selection tool like a smooth polyline to select and cutout the desired part.

I fount very fast to clean up mesh in PS instead of other programs (Rhino, Meshlab, Artcam ..)

Something like a small "sculturing tool" to smooth and repair quickly yhe mesh will be a great tool for artistic need as mine.

Thanxs,

Meow

Gatto

• View Profile
    • My website
Export 3d model as heigtfield raster
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 08:05:55 AM »
For artistic use is very used to work on greyscale heightfield raster.

This because many jobs are 3 axis works and with any raster editor is possible to smooth, clean, add, cut, scale join split the scan.

White = highest Z and black lowest.

Will be a great thing to have the possibility to export the heightfield once mesh is cleaned and correctly oriented according the desired view.

At least a z-buffer view button with "capture to file the screen" will be a great help.

Thanx,

Meow

janosch1234

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 10:07:25 PM »
Hi Gatto,

do you know that you can export a depthmap&normalmap of a photoview by rightclicking on the photo in the workspace window? Maybe that helps you already a bit.
I guess that this would be an helpful option for orthphoto export too.

Regards
Jan

Gatto

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 12:26:16 PM »
Hi Gatto,

do you know that you can export a depthmap&normalmap of a photoview by rightclicking on the photo in the workspace window? Maybe that helps you already a bit.
I guess that this would be an helpful option for orthphoto export too.

Regards
Jan

Jan, thanx fot tip, I'll test it !  :)

Meow

Gatto

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 08:20:54 PM »
Is it possible to have the dialog asking for texture before the one of the mesh reconstruction ?
This way I can launch PS at evening and at next morning I have the job finished.

Otherway i have to confirm and wait for texture.

Thanx,

Meow

EricM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 05:57:36 PM »
I'm using the standard version and it's great but what I would like to see improved  :

- Scene axis reorientation : when the up axis is sideways etc...
- Manual volume selection reorientation...

Better "cleaning" tools :
- Feehand manual selection and point deletion at calibration and mesh stages
- Better hole filling tools : I don't really understand the current system or setting and it doesn't appear to work for me... I'd like to be able to select a zone of the mesh and fill any holes within that selection.
- "select connected" : select all the polygons connected to the one I clicked on, so that I can see what parts or the model are "floating" and delete them...

Thanks for this great software.