Forum

Author Topic: Optimisation failed.... what to do  (Read 1467 times)

GrinGEO

• View Profile
Optimisation failed.... what to do
« on: April 02, 2017, 09:48:43 AM »
I have an urgend question. We have added about 400 GCP on a hughe project and after first optimisation the entire project hast been destroyed. Is there any way to go back to the last version, becouse there is no go back button clickable...

This error happens to me already a few times and I dont know what to do now, since Agisoft is not able to regenerate the sparse cloud correctly, even if I have deselected all markers, set them back and done a optimisation in WGS84 with only pictures selected as reference...

what si going wrong?
Thanks

JMR

• View Profile
Re: Optimisation failed.... what to do
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 11:53:10 AM »
You can re-import camera coordinates from exif in case you cleared them.
reset camera to initial and fix. A better lternative is to create a small project with a subset of 20 overlapping images in several rows, and align them o obtain a set of usable camera/lens parameters better than use a fixed model with all inner params (use them as fixed also in this case)
disable (uncheck) all GCP
optimize (nothing but camera locations should be optimized because camera model is fixed).
Have a look of your GCP errors to check if there is a blunder. Also make sure you are not mixing Lat/lon from camera positions and Easting/Northing in GCP
then you can tell us what happened.
Best
GEOBIT

GrinGEO

• View Profile
Re: Optimisation failed.... what to do
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 10:21:55 PM »
Hi JMR
Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it...

The point is that normally in the reference pane you need to disable cameras and let only markers activated for optimisazion. Unfortunately my collegue forgot to disable cameras, and killed the entire project.

I would be so happy if there would be a go back (history) so that we can reset the last actions. But after optimisation is done there is no way back....