Forum

Author Topic: Detailed Objects & DOF  (Read 3332 times)

alivebyphotoscan

• View Profile
Detailed Objects & DOF
« on: April 04, 2017, 05:39:34 PM »
Hello
For a while I have been trying to scan in a detailed model of a Tank.  Using a focal length of 24mm & an aperture of f10 I'm getting blurred details from the background.  Is the only option to zoom in close to every detail an masking out the blurred details?  I've attached and example to visually see what Im referring to.

Greatly Appreciate any Feedback or Help   :)

JMR

• View Profile
Re: Detailed Objects & DOF
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 06:52:23 PM »
You can try create masks based on selecting focused areas with latest Phtoshop iterations, but I think it wont work very well with your case because some more uniform untextured areas of your tank will likely be considered as blurred too.
Ive tries t in the past with stone artifacts where depth of fiels was not enough and I das to remove blurred parts.
I think this feature (masking by lack of sharpness) should be available as a separtate process for masking and even built-in in some smart way to rule the key points extraction and depth maps creation.
Regards
GEOBIT

alivebyphotoscan

• View Profile
Re: Detailed Objects & DOF
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 02:13:34 PM »
GEOBIT
That was great! Thanks, tried it in Photshop & worked well...still not an easy subject to scan though...as you mentioned maybe not enough texture...