Forum

Author Topic: very screwy results on export  (Read 3318 times)

Bing66

• View Profile
very screwy results on export
« on: April 05, 2017, 10:29:27 PM »
hi
getting some realy screwy results when I export, everything looking good within agisof, GCP's are in osgb36, and refence system reflects that in agisoft, however when exported and looked at in arcmap I am getting some realy weird results and ortho and dem not coming in in correct position and only getting a strip of the land
had this in the past,  and was sorted when i updated

Bing66

• View Profile
Re: very screwy results on export
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 12:37:18 AM »
canno work this out as I am following a workflow that I have used for the last 2-3 years, its like a side on view when loading in to either global mapper or arcmap, have I missed something in the new version?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 02:10:02 AM »
Hello Bing66,

Is the coordinate system axis orientation in the model view correct? Can you share the report file generated from this project?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Bing66

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 02:13:09 AM »
so when I open up projection settings, the model adjusts in the viewport and it seems this is what is getting exported, rather than the model in its projection, in this case osgb1936, why is this, what have i missed?
come on someone must be able to help

Bing66

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 02:13:59 AM »
never heard of that Alexey, could youexplain please, thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 02:28:18 AM »
Hello Bing66,

How the orthomosaic looks like in PhotoScan when you open Ortho view? Also does the bounding box contains the whole model inside, or some of the parts are outside of the box?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Bing66

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 02:44:01 AM »
bounding box contains most of the model, just the outlying info i dont need is outside, the ortho view looks like the image above, is that what you mean

Bing66

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 02:59:12 AM »
report, as you can see, it bares no resemblance to what agisoft has created, ie, my gcps are accurate and the models is produced accurately in agisoft, so something i am doing is fundamentally wrong, yet I have used it in the past for a large number of projects and all were fine!

Bing66

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 10:00:42 AM »
realy appreciate some help with this, something that should be straightforward, for some reason it is not, now, is it me or is it the software, I have done everything the same, as i have done in the past, i am sure, have deadlines looming
what have i missed, where is that tickbox, its always a tickbox! :)
cheers

Bing66

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 10:16:58 AM »
oh, forgot to add, in orthoview it is on the angle that its exported, so whats the solution

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 11:38:24 AM »
Hello Bing66,

On your screenshot from the Model view it's not clear if the TopXY view correspond to the correct model orientation in space. If the model is not properly oriented it may be a result of all the GCPs laying on the same line.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Bing66

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 12:02:31 PM »
it does not, image attached shows grid and well distributed GCP's I am re processing from scratch, I currently have 2 projects to process, one large 200 hectare model and a small 1 hectare model, originally processed both had the same results and my workflow has not changed, so more confused than anything as I cant see what I have missed

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2017, 12:05:52 PM »
Hello Bing66,

According to the screenshots the coordinates are in degrees, so you need to use EPSG::4277, because EPSG::27700 is a projected coordinate system and use meters as units.

Also the altitude information for cameras seems to be incorrect, so it may be better to georeference the model using markers.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Bing66

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2017, 12:15:45 PM »
I could have sworn that I did both, markers and geotagged imagery, but I have tried so much I may have missed it. only recently used markers with osgb36, past was etrs89 and converted the model later
this sounds like it may do the trick
thanks, will let you know the outcome
many thanks

Bing66

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2017, 03:40:36 PM »
knew it would be something simple, got things confused! serves me right for doing 16 hour days for the last 2 weeks!
What I have done to correct it, instead of changing reference system, I changed the input of the GCPs to metres
many thanks and appreciate your help