Forum

Author Topic: Marker placement bug  (Read 4650 times)

Triplegangers

• View Profile
    • Triplegangers
Marker placement bug
« on: May 03, 2017, 06:34:54 PM »
We started to have lots of problems with scan calibration since 1.2xxx version And it looks like markers are not placed as they should.

Previously when we placed them from photos, they were placed on that very same spot on the models surface. But now, they can be inside the model or over the surface, positions are random. Please check video below. Those markers should all be on the surface.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxi9rgfflp015ji/markers_bug.mp4?dl=0

P.S.
We can not place markers prior to Align Photo's stage, as its impossible to predict the right spot for the markers to archive the best calibration.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 06:58:00 PM by Triplegangers »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Marker placement bug
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 07:11:27 PM »
Hello Triplegangers,

Can you specify how the marker is placed in all the chunks? Does it have any projections or it's a marker with input Source coordinate values but without any projections?

Also is Refine Marker Projections by the Image Content option turned on in the Advanced tab of PhotoScan Preferences?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 08:03:36 PM by Alexey Pasumansky »
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Triplegangers

• View Profile
    • Triplegangers
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 08:08:50 PM »
We place markers from photos, double click on the photo, right click on the area where we have little dots painted on the skin, and Place Marker from the menu. So we place Marker 1 on all 20 chunks, then marker 2 and 3, then we align chunks using those makers. Although in some cases we need to compensate as some of them should be moved due to skin movement.
For now we reverted back to version 1.2.5 as it works there perfectly, waiting for the fix though, as we are very limited at the moment

Here you can watch the same markers but placed in version 1.2.5 on the same model. See how they are all on the surface of the scan, where as in the most recent version they just fly around the area, some inside the mesh and some hovering over the model

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cvqbscocwu85eb2/markers_1-2-5.mp4?dl=0
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 08:49:34 PM by Triplegangers »

Triplegangers

• View Profile
    • Triplegangers
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 08:21:55 PM »

Refine Marker Projections by the Image Content  feature was not turned on, I just tried it and it doesn't work, results were different, but around 20% are flying around and not on the surface and some even failed to be placed on the model.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 08:47:55 PM »
Hello Triplegangers,

Ok, it seems clear now and we'll try to reproduce it and see if anything is wrong.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Triplegangers

• View Profile
    • Triplegangers
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 08:51:47 PM »
Thank you Alexey, hope you can reproduce and fix it.
Let me know if you need more information, maybe it will help if I record the marker placement so its clear what I do and what happens?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 09:02:17 PM »
I think we've got already general understanding, so just need to confirm it on our sample projects. But if we require any further information, I'll let you know.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC