Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft Report as editable Word File  (Read 2673 times)

GrinGEO

• View Profile
Agisoft Report as editable Word File
« on: April 25, 2017, 02:02:55 PM »
Im wondering if the Report can also be exported as Word document so that we can put it in our paper design

Thanks

Jeremiah_ROWE

Re: Agisoft Report as editable Word File
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 04:30:26 PM »
I would like to second that request. Having some more control over the output would be useful. Export into Word document or other more edit friendly format would be great.

Maybe add more control for what it included in report. Allow us to choose which sections are in the output.

Thanks for all the hard work!

SAV

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 01:53:32 AM »
Hi Jeremiah,

Have a look at Adobe Acrobat DC. It allows you to A) edit PDF files and B) export them as Word documents.

Works like a charm.

Regards
SAV

GrinGEO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 12:25:03 PM »
it still a pain to convert PDF to word... it does not work like a charm.... you have multiple formats, headlines & bottomlines that can't be very edited....

I would really like a n export as WORD native file

Jeremiah_ROWE

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 12:21:48 AM »
SAV, I have that program and use it all of the time. The idea is that we would not be editing any processing report. The data needs to remain intact to prove integrity. The ability to select which sections are included and the format type on the front-end means that we can pass on unedited reports to clients and for our own technical analysis.

Hi Jeremiah,

Have a look at Adobe Acrobat DC. It allows you to A) edit PDF files and B) export them as Word documents.

Works like a charm.

Regards
SAV

SAV

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 03:16:09 AM »
Hi Jeremiah,

Regarding integrity, how would you be able to proof that the Word document hasn't been altered/changed?

I guess Agisoft decided to export the their processing report as a PDF because it is 'more difficult' to edit compared to a standard Word document. But even a PDF can be changed with the right software, unless it is 'protected'.

But I agree, it would be nice to have the ability to select sections that should be included in the report for the costumer. A tool that let's you set up/customize the processing report template (e.g., insert own logo, etc) would be great and also streamline the whole process.

Even with Python scripting I don't think that it is possible to change the processing report.

Regards
SAV

Jeremiah_ROWE

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 04:18:27 PM »
I don't care much about WORD format, I would like PDF with selectable attributes. Thanks for your suggestion.