Forum

Author Topic: Grid Size Overflow and Model Inverted  (Read 1923 times)

jeremybsmith7

• View Profile
Grid Size Overflow and Model Inverted
« on: November 20, 2018, 12:29:09 AM »
I'm having issues with a model from a series of drone photos, DJI Phanton 4 Pro. Once I have gone through the steps (adding photos, align photos, build dense cloud, build mesh, and build texture) I get stuck trying to build DEM or orthomosaic. I get an error right way that says "Grid size overflow". I have searched through some similar topics, but I have not found a solution for my problem. I am not using ground control points. I am just using the GPS data within the photo's EXIF data. The coordinate system for the photos is WGS84 and the reference settings for the chunk is also WGS84.

I'm just now realizing that the model is inverted on the Z axis, so that it is upside down. I can't figure out what the problem is. I'm using the same work flow that I have for similar projects, and I have never had this problem before.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Grid Size Overflow and Model Inverted
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 12:22:33 PM »
Hello jeremybsmith7,

Most likely, the camera orientation angles loaded from image meta data is incorrect.

I suggest either to clear the orientation angles or set the "Camera Accuracy (deg)" parameter to 1000, for example, in the Reference pane settings and click Update on the Reference pane toolbar. It should properly fix the model scale and orientation basing mostly on the coordinate information (also you would be able to review the errors on the angles in the Reference pane).

"Grid size overflow" seems to be a consequence of incorrect model georeferencing. The model is oriented incorrectly, but the DEM/Orthomosaic are generated in the geographic projection.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC