Forum

Author Topic: 6 DOF controller compatibility  (Read 22536 times)

solosails

• View Profile
Re: 6 DOF controller compatibility
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 04:39:39 PM »
I too have a 3Dconnexion space mouse and it fails to work properly in the software.

This is a real shame as it speeds up the workflow and usability of the software immensely.

Are there some settings I should be aware of to make this work? At present I have all of the control settings to control the 3D model, but only zoom works and very poorly at that.

I have the same problem in the latest version 1.2.6 as well as the WIP 1.3

Thanks in advance for looking into this.

A. Jalandoni

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2016, 04:12:34 AM »
Big + for me too

kmhmh

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2016, 02:58:15 PM »
I have been facing the same problem and wish for a quick solution and support for 3Dconnexion hardware.

bisenberger

• View Profile
    • Digital Mapping & Graphics
Digital Mapping & Graphics LLC
https://digital-mapping.net/

wbtc

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2017, 08:28:57 PM »
Big + for this. So sad my space mouse doesn't work yet.

SolutionClinic

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2017, 12:54:21 PM »
It seems no one of Agisoft is reading this... Navigating in your 3d environment is a real pain without a 3d mouse!
Turning the object with the mouse and then switching back to selection tools etc. is extreeemly annoying, also due to the fact that your 3D model movement is surprisingly unintuitive.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2017, 01:23:39 PM »
Hello,

We are checking all forum threads regularly.

In the version 1.4 the support for 3D Connexion SpaceMouse and Stealth 3D Mouse Controller would be implemented.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

SAV

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2017, 06:30:34 PM »
+1

Looking forward to version 1.4

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2017, 08:45:15 PM »
Pre-release of the version 1.4 is available: http://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=7730.0
Any feedback related to the 3D controller devices is appreciated in the pre-release thread.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

LuisM

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2017, 01:24:54 PM »
Hi,

I have a Sthealth 3D mouse modell S1-Z. The connection is by USB port and not by COM1 port. COM1 port is the only one i can choose in Agisoft. How i can configure it?

Regards,
Luis

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2017, 03:05:28 PM »
Hello Luis,

After you connect Stealth Mouse with the computer using USB you should go to the Device Manager, locate USB serial converter and in it's properties enable VCP (Virtual COM Port), then re-connect controller to the same USB port and again in the Device Manager you'll see COM3 port. After that you should be able to select COM3 in PhotoScan preferences window for the controller.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2017, 05:46:40 PM »
Hello all,

Additional information related to the 3D controller support. In the pre-release update of the version 1.4.0 (build 5420) it is possible to invert the navigation directions and adjust the sensitivity in the Navigation tab of PhotoScan Preferences window.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

thl

• View Profile
Re: 6 DOF controller compatibility: 3DConnexion Spacemouse Classic
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2018, 05:49:37 PM »
Hello @,
this is really great news that Spacemouse support is going to be implemented. I have some older Spacemouse Classic, equipped with serial connector (9-pin). I installed Spacemouse X-Windows driver v4.65 at my Linux box (SuSE Leap42.3) It is still working but requires some special tricks:-) 3D-Cube is working, but when I enable Spacemouse support in PhotoScan, it doesn't work.
SpaceMouse Classic is no longer supported by 3DConnexion as far as I know but you find them at Ebay for some EUR, I got mine for 5 EUR. That's good for the low budget.

@Agisoft: will you stay restless until Spacemouse support is seamless working and even my old Spacemouse Classic? Would be a greatful feature.

pantatpantat

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2018, 02:01:23 PM »
Hello Alexey,

It is realy great to get 3Dconnexion space mouse support for the stereoscopic measurements but we couldnt connect the USB version of the Space mouse. I understand the software only supports serial connection on com ports for now. Will there be an improvement regarding USB connected devices especialy for 3Dconnexion space mouse? :)

Thanks in advance.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2018, 04:00:34 PM »
Hello pantatpantat,

I've provided the instruction above:
After you connect Stealth Mouse with the computer using USB you should go to the Device Manager, locate USB serial converter and in it's properties enable VCP (Virtual COM Port), then re-connect controller to the same USB port and again in the Device Manager you'll see COM3 port. After that you should be able to select COM3 in PhotoScan preferences window for the controller.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC