Forum

Author Topic: Upgrade to 1.3.1 is causing new "can't open project" errors in Network Rendering  (Read 5927 times)

jsloat

• View Profile
I upgraded our Network Cluster Dispatch and Node host's PS from 1.2.6 to 1.3.1 and using the same configuration settings that work under 1.2.6, I get errors where the nodes can't open the project file:

2017-05-11 18:11:05 Error: Can't open project: w:/___ArtistsFolders/Jay.Sloat/Photogrammetry/arrowhead_duplicate2_test_dense.psx
2017-05-11 18:11:05 processing failed in 0.003 sec
2017-05-11 18:11:05 BuildDenseCloud: quality = Low, depth filtering = Aggressive

So Server "w" is defined / mounted as network storage to all hosts in the facility. (Windows only)
3.0.1 Dispatch Host is running command:
"C:\Program Files\Agisoft\PhotoScan Pro\photoscan --server --dispatch 192.168.0.172 --control 192.168.0.172 --root w:

and 3.0.1 Cluster Node Hosts are running command:
"C:\Program Files\Agisoft\PhotoScan Pro\photoscan --node --dispatch 192.168.0.172 --root w:"

and these same settings worked just fine under previous release.
Fails same way whether NODE host is Win7 or Win10.

I've had it working before with these same settings under 1.2.6 and I know that the project MUST be on a server that all nodes can see, and must be in ".psx" format which is the case. The project can be opened on the NODE hosts that give errors trying to process it via Cluster/Networking.   Any ideas to try?

Jay
Los Angeles

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello Jay,

Can you open the same project just from the client GUI?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

jsloat

• View Profile
Yes. 
The first time I opened it on a NODE host in regular interface mode, it gave me a dialog that it was in "Read Only" because the Project was also open on the Host that was trying to launch the job via Cluster Network. I closed that, and then it read without the warning.
It made my developer's mind think for a moment that the "checking the project isn't open elsewhere" feature might return as non-successful status that makes the batch NODE consider it an error, but I'm sure yourselves and customers who've been on ver 1.3.1 more a few months already would have already found and reported such a fundamental issue such as that.

In case it mattered, I tried configuring for Upper and Lower Case "W:" and "w:" in case the mount was case sensitive but no change in outcome.

-Jay-

-Jay-

jsloat

• View Profile
Hi,
     I still haven't found a work around for this problem. I've tried everything I can think of but can't get Networking renders to run (they claim they can't open the file, yet the GUI version can open that same file on the same machine.)
I also upgraded to version 1.3.2 today and tried it again but no improvement.

Can anyone think of anything else I should try?

Thanks,

-Jay-

nngoe

• View Profile
Hi,
currently I have exactly the same problem. I'am using also 1.3.2 for network processing and I get same error on the nodes can't open project file : Z:/...

I have no idea how to solve this problem...

Thanks

Nils

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Please check that all nodes and server has the same version and build number of PhotoScan Pro installed.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

nngoe

• View Profile
all nodes and server running 1.3.2 Build 4205.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Hello Nils,

Can you specify the root path that you are using for node start, the path used in the Client that is starting the processing and also the full path in the Error message (you can remove some info on the sensitive folder information, if any).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

nngoe

• View Profile
C:/Program Files/Agisoft/PhotoScan Pro/photoscan.exe --server -- control 192.168.0.1 --dispatch 192.168.0.1 --root Z:\share

C:/Program Files/Agisoft/PhotoScan Pro/photoscan.exe --node --dispatch 192.168.0.1 --root Z:\share

error message:
[192.168.0.5:54743] failed: Can't open project: Z:/share/test.psx

The folder under  Z:\ is hosted on a local WestenDigital MyCloud drive

Thanks for your help
Nils

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Hello Nils,

Can you please confirm that from the node you can open Z:/share/test.psx in the GUI mode and if the same "Z:/share" path is used as root in the Network preferences tab on the Client that is starting the processing.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

nngoe

• View Profile
Hello Alexey,
yes from the node I can open z:\share\test in GUI mode and yes the same path ist set in network preferences on the client starting the process.
As long as the network process is running I can only open the project on the node in Read-Only, but it is not the case that cannot open the project file as mentioned in the error.