Forum

Author Topic: Time estimates for network jobs not correct  (Read 2895 times)

willfig

• View Profile
Time estimates for network jobs not correct
« on: May 31, 2017, 06:33:32 PM »
I've been noticing that when I run a job on our network and then look at the Show Info dialog for the Chunk, the times for each step are wrong, in some cases very wrong.  For instance I just ran a batch process which I know took 4-5 hours to finish.  I can confirm this by looking at the details option for the job in the network monitor.  Here it says the Dense stage in total took a bit over 3 hours.  However the Show Info dialog says depth map generation took 2 hours and 21 min and dense cloud generation took 11 hours and 44 min.  The alignment numbers are also too large. Any idea what's going on here?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Time estimates for network jobs not correct
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 06:42:54 PM »
Hello willfig,

The timing saved in the Chunk Info for the projects processed via network is a sum of the time spent on each node. So if you had, for example, 5 nodes working simultaneously for 2 hours, the time in Chunk Info will be 10 hours, and not 2 hours.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

willfig

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 04:37:40 PM »
I see. Thanks. So I guess there's no way to know how long it really took from the show Info?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 10:35:55 AM »
Hello willfig,

You can check it only in the Network Monitor (show finished tasks -> start and finish time columns).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC