Forum

Author Topic: Questions about using a tracked camera  (Read 2056 times)

a.taylor09

• View Profile
Questions about using a tracked camera
« on: May 31, 2017, 11:57:57 PM »
Hey guys,

First time poster here. I have a couple of hypothetical questions that I'd like to ask about the software and the scripting capabilities.

I have a method which I plan to use which can track the 6 DOF pose of my SLR camera with an accuracy of about 1-2mm (within a bounding volume of about 5m3).

Firstly, is the use of this information likely to make a big difference in the quality of mesh and texture outputs vs the standard approach where the  software calculates the camera positions based on matched features?

Secondly, how can I make use of this information in the scripting API? I'm guessing I have to skip the initial alignment somehow and force the camera positions to be my own tracked position. Can someone give me a bit of a head start or code snippet on how this might look?

Lastly, is it feasible to have a script which aligns a single photo 'on-the-fly'? What I mean by this is I'd like to snap a picture and have the software align that photo straight away so that I can see feedback in 3D of what I have scanned so far. Is this possible or would the process be too slow to be useful?

Thanks in advance,
Adrian

grommit

• View Profile
Re: Questions about using a tracked camera
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 02:06:09 AM »
You could build an xml file containing the camera locations tied to photo names, and read that in via tools-import-cameras.