Forum

Author Topic: DJI FLIR camera Pixel size not calculated  (Read 2282 times)

Phogi

• View Profile
DJI FLIR camera Pixel size not calculated
« on: June 05, 2017, 11:58:12 AM »
Hi Alexey,

Is it possible that DJI FLIR camera's Pixel size in camera calibration can be extracted? How could we manually calculate it? Currently when I load the FLIR photos in the camera calibration will show "unknown" at the pixel size (mm). The only information shown is the focal length of 13mm.

Thanks a lot.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: DJI FLIR camera Pixel size not calculated
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 12:10:57 PM »
Hello Phogi,

As a rough estimation you can divide the sensor size by the image resolution and average the values for X and Y.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Phogi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 08:40:05 AM »
Hi Alexey,

Thank you for your kind reply, I just searched and got some parameters of DJI FLIR camera, but using the value doesn't allow me to align the photos correct. As in the camera calibration page, the Pixel Size (mm) is showing "unknown", I tried to input the value: Camera sensor size is 17 micron meter, while photo resolution is 780 * 480. so I used 0.017 / 480 but got a very small number and the cameras didn't aligned correctly.

Could you tell me if there's something wrong in the calculation of the pixel size (mm)?

Thanks a lot!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 08:56:21 AM »
Hello Phogi,

Are you inputting 0.017 for both cells of Sensor Pixel Size? You should do so, since it should be the dimensions of the pixel.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Phogi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 10:57:35 AM »
Hi Alexery,

Thank you! This works! Thanks a lot, so the sensor size should be put into the pixel size. Thanks a lot!

Cheers,