Forum

Author Topic: Issues Processing Referenced Drone Data  (Read 1870 times)

vicviod

• View Profile
Issues Processing Referenced Drone Data
« on: June 08, 2017, 04:38:36 PM »
Hello,
I am working on a project using drone data. The drone data is referenced with lat, long, alt, yaw, roll, and pitch.

The issue is, when I try to align the photos, I get a strange tendency for the photos to "rotate". What I mean by that is that photoscan estimates that the camera is facing in the complete opposite direction from what the reference data indicates.

So, when I go into the reference data I get tremendous error margins next to some of this data, within the 100-300 degree range. This obviously messes up the picture a great deal. Do you know what is going on?

One issue might be a low refresh rate of the reference data--so sixteen consecutive images have the exact same GPS data. What I've done to remedy that is only use 1/16 frames, so there is no overlap between frames. This slightly improves the picture, but doesn't really fix the problem.

Do you have any ideas of what could be going on?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Issues Processing Referenced Drone Data
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 05:07:59 PM »
Hello vicviod,

Can you lower the accuracy for the camera orientation angles in the Reference pane settings (like several millions), then press Update on the Reference pane and then generate the report and post the pages for the camera locations and orientation angles here (providing that the cameras are checked on in the pane right before the report is generated)?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

vicviod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 03:14:54 AM »
There doesn't seem to be a field in which I can change the accuracy of the camera rotation, maybe because I am using PhotoScan 1.2? Here's a screenshot of what is going on, though.

This doesn't happen to all pictures, but when it does, both the xyz coordinates and the rotation angles seem to shift considerably:

vicviod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 04:52:05 AM »
I am thinking of just disabling the cameras with large errors after creating the point cloud. However, how do programmatically I access the error that is present in the reference data?

For example, to access the location data of a particular camera, I do this:

Code: [Select]
chunk.cameras[2].reference.location

But how do I do access the error data, and the reference data that PhotoScan estimates? By that I mean this set of data:

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 12:15:00 PM »
Hello vicviod,

You should be able to change camera orientation accuracy in the Reference pane settings.

I don't think that unchecking some cameras with the highest errors would fix the problem, since the orientation data does seem to be incorrect for all cameras.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC