Forum

Author Topic: [Cluster] Does the node save the project when it's task is finished ?  (Read 2342 times)

jiji

• View Profile
Hello,

I am trying the run exportDenseCloud through the cluster.

When a node finished this task, does the node save the project even if this task does not modify the current state of the project ?

More specifically, I am trying to parallize the export dense cloud task with the next build ortho task, so I need to be sure that the export dense cloud will not save the project, but only the build ortho task will do

Thanks in advance

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 06:23:16 PM by jiji »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello jiji,

The project is saved during network processing after every task. But for PSX project, if there were no changes, nothing will be changed, since PSX saving operation is looking for the changes applied to the project compared to the existing project structure.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

jiji

• View Profile
Hello jiji,

The project is saved during network processing after every task. But for PSX project, if there were no changes, nothing will be changed, since PSX saving operation is looking for the changes applied to the project compared to the existing project structure.

Thanks for the reply,

So I need to make sure for my scenario :

I run export dense cloud and build dem in 2 batchs  on the same time for the same project. If build dem finish first, it will save the changes into the project files, and the export dense cloud finish.

So when export dense cloud finish it will still save the the project, will it overrite the project saved by the build dem batch and loose my dem already built in the project  ?

thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello jiji,

You shouldn't be able to run different batches for the same project. And it's not a good idea to find the ways of running multiple batches for the same project due to the access conflicts.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC