Forum

Author Topic: Close holes function in mesh not giving satisfactory results  (Read 6646 times)

obw

• View Profile
Hi there!

I'm trying to use the function "Close holes" in my model, but I'm not getting satisfactory results. It's a terrain model taken with UAV Pictures. As you can see in the attached screenshot the hole is right under a Railroad bridge, crossing a road. The area under the bridge was not covered in the photos.

This happend when I classified the model to be able to generate a DTM, which was expected. But I want to be able to Close the hole nicely so it follows the terrain.

Do you have any good ideas? Or other programs that can do this better?

Thanks

Ben

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Close holes function in mesh not giving satisfactory results
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 11:11:30 AM »
Hello Ben,

Holes usually appear in the areas where there's insufficient information related to the surface (usually areas of no overlap), so PhotoScan has no depth information for such areas and cannot generate the surface that will be following the terrain.

However, you can use Extrapolated option in the Build Mesh dialog to generate the surface without any holes - in this case the polygons that are filling the gaps will be considerable smaller than ones used for the Close Holes operation, and would look more naturally.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

miglenaray

• View Profile
Re: Close holes function in mesh not giving satisfactory results
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 04:44:35 PM »
It worked! Thank you!