Forum

Author Topic: Modeling from spherical images  (Read 2155 times)

lophiuspiscatorius

• View Profile
Modeling from spherical images
« on: June 20, 2017, 06:28:50 PM »
I would like to ask some help for achieving a 3d model from a road using some spherical images taken from a car using 360º camera (that uses 6 sensors of 5mg each to obtain a full spherical image).

For doing so I could use the equirectangular images already processed (360º image) or any images taken from the 6 different cameras that we use (front, front left, front right, back left, back right, up).

I have also the coordinates of each image that I could import from a txt file or already coordinate information on the processed images.

I’m not sure if a 3d model could be obtained from this imagery, or if it is better to use the image once processed into a spherical image or use the image from each camera before processing.

So far, I have been doing some tests with the pro version but the results are not very good and I found some problems.
•   Every test I done it appears that when doing the Align Photo process, it seems to process the images like if it were taken from a UAV and not from a car, all photos seems to be pointing down after alignment.
•   I have test with the processed equirectangular image but not good results either. I select Spherical under Camera calibration setup. I’m also applying a mask to all photos to mask the car.

Any tip or help would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

jak

• View Profile
Re: Modeling from spherical images
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 05:29:19 PM »
You need to go to – tools-Camera–
then you can change the lens you are using to spherical.