Forum

Author Topic: Bundler .out images mixed around  (Read 2729 times)

ThomasVD

• View Profile
Bundler .out images mixed around
« on: June 21, 2017, 01:41:47 PM »
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to export my PhotoScan alignment / sparse point cloud as a Bundler (.out) file.

The procedure I use in PhotoScan is as follows:
- Make sure all cameras are aligned, remove unaligned cameras if necessary
- Tools => export => cameras => export as Bundler (.out) file
- Tools => export => undistort photos => filename template: {filenum}.{fileext} => save in same folder as .out bundler file

Sometimes this works great, other times it (partially) fails. On failed attempts, when I open the Bundler .out file in other software the sparse point cloud and camera positions are correctly shown, however the images have been mixed around (ie: image A is not where image A is supposed to be, but is in the position of for instance image D).

I think this is because the image numbers as exported in the .out file don't match the image numbers as produced by PhotoScan's {filenum} command, so the images get shuffled around. Is there any way to make sure the Bundler .out image numbers match the PhotoScan image numbers?

Maybe these ideas could help? 
- Instead of giving my photos names like "Part1_0000", "Part1b_0001", just save them all as a number format "0000", "0001", etc?
- Or go into PhotoScan's "details" photo view and sort the images based on a parameter other than image name?

Any other suggestions? Does anybody have an idea how the Bundler .out file format defines what should be image 0, 1, 2, ..?

Thanks in advance for any input!
Cheers,

Thomas

n@sk

• View Profile
Re: Bundler .out images mixed around
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 11:15:22 PM »
try exporting the cameras in another file format
one in which the data are labeled with the corresponding image file name  i.e. omega phi kappa
the cameras should hopefully be in the same random order
or you could find the correspondence between the rotation matrices until the translation issue in bundler.out is fixed

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Bundler .out images mixed around
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 07:36:22 PM »
Hello Thomas,

Can you suggest any workflow that we can follow to reproduce the issue on our side?

Maybe you can send the PSZ project to support@agisoft.com or post it here with only loaded cameras (without any other saved processing results) for the project that fails to work with the bundler export/import workflow properly?
It will allow us to check, if there is anything special in the naming convention or paths.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC