Forum

Author Topic: "Split in chunks" not working?  (Read 4211 times)

matt07lx

• View Profile
"Split in chunks" not working?
« on: June 23, 2017, 12:00:35 AM »
I've tried to use the "split in chunks" script several times (http://wiki.agisoft.com/wiki/Split_in_chunks.py), but it doesn't seem to do anything. It only outputs "7777" in the console the first I try it, then nothing happens each subsequent time. I've tried with a couple different projects too. I'm not certain what I am doing wrong. I've used other scripts (e.g. PS130_coordinate_system_to_bounding_box.py) successfully before.

matt07lx

• View Profile
Re: "Split in chunks" not working?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 12:26:10 AM »
Ok - I now see that I was being dumb. I complete missed the "custom menu" in the toolbar. However, it seems that this script will only split the sparse cloud. Is there a way to split a dense cloud? I already have a very large dense cloud that is too large to process the mesh. I'd rather not have to redo the dense cloud since it took almost a full day to process.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 01:21:03 PM »
Hello matt07lx,

Depending on your task you can modify the script sample to achieve the required results.

I think you need to keep "build dense cloud" option unchecked, but  use "build mesh" option. You can check it on the smaller project with the dense cloud to be sure that it works as intended. Just make sure that the dense cloud is discarded in the chunk duplicates, otherwise the project will require a huge amount of disk space.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 08:16:47 PM »
First let me say that this is an awesome piece of code and should be integrated in PS and functionality expanded. However there's something wrong with it. If we have more that one chunk in a project and check one to split, in the end the script will erase or, sometimes, modifies existing chunks. I had two project that were completely altered. If you are going to use it be sure to "save as" a project and use just one chunk in it.

RH

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 09:47:07 PM »
Hello RHenriques,

The script sample assumes that there's one chunk in the project that should be split into blocks.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC