Forum

Author Topic: Blue Screen of Death - Calculating Color Correction  (Read 3665 times)

aloerch

• View Profile
Blue Screen of Death - Calculating Color Correction
« on: June 27, 2017, 07:36:31 AM »
This problem has been occurring with version 1.3.2 and the previous version (1.3.1), but I'd never had it previously.

In Windows 10 CU, all of my processing completes fine until I get to the build ortho step. At about 13% of the color correction process, my computer gives me a BSOD. This is the only application and instance in which I've seen a BSOD since Windows XP, and it only occurs during this step in photoscan. This is happening with 3 different projects I've tried.

In Linux Mint 16.04, this same project files complete the color corrections without any issues. Both the Windows and Linux installations have the most current Nvidia drivers for my 2 GTX 1080 Ti's. My CPU is a Xeon 14 core, and I have 128Gb RAM.

I didn't have logging turned on with my Windows installation, and right now I'm processing a different dataset, in Linux.

When I get a chance later this week, I'll try to rerun the color correction in windows with logging on, if that's helpful for you.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Screen of Death - Calculating Color Correction
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 12:19:17 PM »
Hello aloerch,

BSOD is usually related to the hardware problems, I can suggest to check the RAM modules (color correction may be quite resource demanding operation depending on the dataset size).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

aloerch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 03:35:47 AM »
Thank you for the reply. I realize it's been awhile since I posted the initial problem. What I can say now is this:

When generating the orthomosaic with color correction enabled in Photoscan, I no longer get a BSOD (since the latest NVIDIA driver update) but Photoscan does still crash/close... but only in Windows 10. In Linux Mint, this problem does not occur (I have my GPU's enabled there too). I've also run a memory test from my bios, and everything passes. The problem of BSOD in Windows 10 started at the same time that another Nvidia/Photoscan related problem was corrected by a beta update to Photoscan, except now it's just the Photoscan crashing and not Windows.

For now, anytime I need to create an orthomosaic, I reboot my PC into linux.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 08:25:00 AM »
Hello aloerch,

If PhotoScan is closing with the crash reporter window, it would we helpful, if you submit the crash report with some comment, so that we can easily identify it and investigate deeper.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC