Forum

Author Topic: Height Field and Abitrary Settings and RAM Requirement  (Read 1973 times)

jazzyj

• View Profile
Height Field and Abitrary Settings and RAM Requirement
« on: March 11, 2018, 09:23:54 PM »
I've been generating 3D models following the workflow with all the defaults.  Medium cloud density, etc.  Align Photos > Build Cloud > Build Mesh > Build Tiles > DEM > Orthomosaic

These models are of buildings and landscapes with 20MP images 80/80 overlap.  A typical job might be about 700 photos (part nadir part oblique).  The models have been looking fantastic. 

However when I was reading the document about RAM requirements and for a model in abitrary mode, for 500 High Quality photos the requirement is like up to 180GB of RAM and I'm processing 700 20MP photos on a 90GB machine and I took a peek at the memory being used at various points at it never got close to being maxed out.  Granted if only one step in the multi-step workflow needs all that RAM I may have forgot to look at RAM usage during that step.

So I'm wondering, because I'm going through the workflow with all the defaults am I really processing all these jobs in height field mode.  Where in the work flow is the setting to change between height field and arbitrary in the processing.

SAV

• View Profile
Re: Height Field and Abitrary Settings and RAM Requirement
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 05:55:21 AM »
Hi jazzyj,

It's in the BUILD MESH settings (Arbitrary 3D or Height Field 2.5D).

Regards,
SAV