Forum

Author Topic: Converting coordinate system bug  (Read 3565 times)

Eirik Strøm Pedersen

• View Profile
Converting coordinate system bug
« on: July 11, 2017, 02:04:07 PM »
Experience a bug when converting from the project with the convert-tool. The coordinates that follows the images and the markers are converted correctly, but it seems like it does not change the coordinate system in the settings window. I just tried to export a orthofoto from photoscan after I've build it with the correct coordinatesystem (UTM 32) and exported it with UTM32 checked. I lunched the orthofoto in a other software, but the coordinate system was NTM8. Then I checked the settings window and found that the project system was indeed NTM8, but the markers and the pictures where indeed in UTM32. Shouldn't the entire project convert when Im using the convert tool?

I'm using the 1.3.2.4205 version with QUDA-support.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Converting coordinate system bug
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 02:14:07 PM »
Hello Eirik,

Convert option accessible from the Reference pane is re-projecting coordinates of the cameras and markers. And it is changing automatically the coordinate system of the active chunk - you should be able to see that in the Reference pane settings dialog.

Note that this conversion has no effect on the DEM and Orthomosaic, if they have been generated before the conversion. You need to re-build DEM/Orthomosaic or use different option in the Export DEM/Ortho dialog, if you need to export the raster data referenced in the coordinate system that is different from the system that has been used for the corresponding raster generation.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Eirik Strøm Pedersen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 02:50:03 PM »
I builded them after the conversion, and the Pointcloud was correct, but the orthofoto did not work like it should.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 02:55:56 PM »
Hello Eirik,

Can you please provide the screenshot of the Chunk Info dialog with all the details or the last page of the Report file with the processing parameters and supplementary information?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC