Forum

Author Topic: Licensing terms for network solution  (Read 2758 times)

DaveM

• View Profile
Licensing terms for network solution
« on: July 12, 2017, 11:38:44 AM »
Hi,

I have a Standard license and a Professional license.  I want to use a network solution to remotely process heavy loads of images to high resolution on something like Amazon WebService.  How do I go about this?

Could I create a project and align the photos to a low resolution in my local machine using the Standard license and then export everything to the remote machine where the Professional license would be installed, do the heavy processing to create a detailed model and then export the final product back to my local machine?

Does a floating license make any sense here?  I don't really want to buy a new license to allow this to happen.

Can you suggest any easier way to enable this?

Dave

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Licensing terms for network solution
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 11:52:34 AM »
Hello Dave,

You can use your PhotoScan license (Standard or Pro) on a remote or virtual machine (including Cloud), if it is being utilized by yourself (no automated services for the third parties or access to the license for the third parties are allowed by EULA).

Since the node-locked licenses allows only single activation at a time, you need to deactivate the license in your office and then use the same key on the virtual machine, when performing some processing. After you finish the work in the cloud, deactivate the license via Help Menu -> Activate Product dialog.

You can perform the processing from scratch on the powerful cloud node, as I don't see any benefit in performing the same workflow twice using low parameters first, unless it is required for placing markers or anything similar.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

TXPE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 01:43:12 AM »
I have a Pro license installed on a cloud VM (Azure).  So, I can deactivate the license on the VM and then activate it on my laptop and vice versa?

Is there a limit to the numbers of times I can move it back and forth between the two?

The VM is paid for by the hour, so it is not always running and not all historical projects are stored on VM.  I would like to run PS on laptop to give ability to view projects and use in field if needed.

Thanks,
Doug

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 10:47:11 AM »
Hello Doug,

There's no limitations to the number of license transferring, so you can deactivate PhotoScan on your laptop/desktop when you are planning to perform some intensive processing on VM. After you finish that processing, deactivate the license on VM and activate it again on your laptop.

Note that uninstalling process does not automatically deactivate the license, so deactivation is required step.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC