Forum

Author Topic: sharp texture  (Read 4697 times)

eduardoestrada85

• View Profile
sharp texture
« on: October 14, 2012, 09:36:14 PM »
It is possible to create an overall texture from the sum of textures made only with one photo? In an external application?, it could be an improvement for new updates.
Infinite narrates something similar in this post, but I can not understand how to solve it.

http://www.agisoft.ru/forum/index.php?topic=705.msg3259#msg3259

tnx in advance.

Mr_Curious

• View Profile
Re: sharp texture
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 03:13:12 PM »
Hello,

Yes.

You will have to use another 3d application such as 3ds max, maya, lightwave, etc in order to do it however.

What you will have to do is export your scene from agisoft as an .fbx file, the idea being that you need to have the camera positions export.

Once you have your geometry and camera positions known and available in max, maya, etc. you can use those cameras to re-project and bake your high resolution texture onto your geometry.

Anyway, that is the basic idea... hope this will give you some direction.

BTW - What I am suggesting is obviously different from the way infinite is doing things but I think it should work, in theory at least... LOL!

Also, what I am suggesting does not solve the problem that infinite is bringing up in this thread anyway. Regardless of where and what application you might use to re-project and bake your textures you are still going to run into the issues that he points out in this thread and at the moment it requires a lot of human intervention and thus is very labour intensive process as he rightly points out.  So I would have also second what infinite is proposing in this thread, it would be far better if Agisoft provided a better way to deal with these issues.  I for one and hoping for the best :-)

Greetings,

Mr. Curious
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 04:06:22 PM by Mr_Curious »

eduardoestrada85

• View Profile
Re: sharp texture
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 08:15:23 AM »
tnx for your response.

the process described is possible with 3ds format?