Forum

Author Topic: INTERGEO exhibition in Germany  (Read 6927 times)

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
INTERGEO exhibition in Germany
« on: October 10, 2012, 06:32:59 AM »
Hello All, yesterday was with AGISOFT team on the INTERGEO exhibition, they have problems with email communications and they have a LOT of visitors there, so it seems that they will reply afther end of exhibition - friday, saturday....

P.S. Was little "magical" a lot of comapnies presented results of photogrametry with agisoft solution, they are very well known in the industry there. Was with the EUCLIDON resseler for europe, they show me a realtime walk in 3 bilion Pointcloud = amazing. in 15 days will be know price for their solution ( http://www.euclideon.com/ ) + have seen few other solutions for photogrametry, will have some test data, but im get little problems obtaining their sw as a DEMO, or generating some test data there......
Their vere litle suprised that agisoft generate test data like we do. Every one want just sell, without proper testing..  will inform about progress.. 

P.S.S. im 23 hours on foots, so will be here evening...   
----------------
www.mhb.sk

Wishgranter

• View Profile
Re: INTERGEO exhibition in Germany
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 10:31:02 PM »
Hello All, im back in action...

So there vere few photogrametry solution, but if they could use GPUs then uses just ONE card, so the reconstruction process run not so fast and few of them want to soem investor buy them = longer time vithout progrees of repairing bugs and support......

Have discused few thing with agisoft team, they working on the RAM "issue" and even the NET reconstruction is in "preparations" but it will take some time, its not so easy to implement, as the biggest problem is in the meshing of the data. Currently exist as far im know  just one sw that can do that and it cost a LOT of money.

Is the common problematic of paralelizing of proceses.... We have spoken about the RAM issues, that we could eventuely acept longer times if it use swap files..... personaly even if it take 2 weeks if must not buy 1 TB or RAM....

So wait for oficial statments, im hoping it is interesant for AGISOFT team on the exhibitions that customers can speak with them, and they get response from the industry. Personaly im must wait over 1 hor that they get some time on me and must leave space for others there, so we have not everything discussed....

Stay hungry......  8)
----------------
www.mhb.sk

Kiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 09:04:54 PM »
Yesterday I visited Agisoft too. At theirs exhibition stand, they make a 120°-model of your face with  8(?) cameras shooting simultaneously, if you want to. Also some nice developments are in their pipeline, net computing and as allways speed improvements.
Yes, and I have also seen many Agisoft projects on other exhibition stands, especially on those using UAVs and there are many various types of them at this exhibition.

Unfortunately i haven't meet you wishgranter  ;)

Cheers Karsten

Mr_Curious

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 02:05:22 AM »
Yesterday I visited Agisoft too. At theirs exhibition stand, they make a 120°-model of your face with  8(?) cameras shooting simultaneously, if you want to. Also some nice developments are in their pipeline, net computing and as allways speed improvements.
Yes, and I have also seen many Agisoft projects on other exhibition stands, especially on those using UAVs and there are many various types of them at this exhibition.

Unfortunately i haven't meet you wishgranter  ;)

Cheers Karsten

Does anyone have a photo of that 8 camera rig that they are using to do the face scans?

I would love to see that!

Greetings,

Mr Curious

Wishgranter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 02:06:00 AM »
Have it :-)
----------------
www.mhb.sk

Kiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 11:34:31 AM »
Unfortunately I have not a camera with me (as I normally allways do) but it looks simular to that rig by "infinity" but smaller  ;).

Cheers Karsten

Wishgranter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 11:49:27 AM »
----------------
www.mhb.sk

FoodMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 10:02:50 AM »
cool setup, thanks for Posting  8)

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 01:54:52 PM »
Very cool thread, thanks for posting. Loved the face rig.