Forum

Author Topic: Faster Licence Switch Option  (Read 2876 times)

GrinGEO

• View Profile
Faster Licence Switch Option
« on: August 15, 2017, 10:18:43 AM »
Dear Agisoft
The Activation Process is a real pain. We have 2 stationary workstations and one mobile workstation, they are mostly in the same networks but often, when we are in the field, we are not.

Is there no way that a licencse can be deactivated faster and moved to the other workstation withouth everytime inserting the entire licence key. Also becouse there is no way to do a copy & paste of the entire key but you need to insert it in blocks.

How could we improve this?

Thanks for heping

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Faster Licence Switch Option
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 02:59:14 PM »
Hello GrinGEO,

In the version 1.4 is would be possible to copy and paste the full key sequence at once.

For now you can use activation from the command line, like:
Code: [Select]
photoscan.exe --activate 12345-12345-12345-12345-12345
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

GrinGEO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 03:08:00 PM »
mhh I get errors that the licence file cannot be open for writing...

GrinGEO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 03:13:58 PM »
I have another idea... what do you think about to add GPS Feature to Agisoft Standard? That would be a great update and we would go to purchase 2 licences more for our field laptops...

So we can import directly after the flight the pictures, check if the GPS locations of the pics are almost correct and as close as our mission planning tool, we could already start in the field with aligning images, do the optimisation and in the evening in the hotel start with the dense point cloud.

In the meantime all images and files would be synced to our NAS and workstation and when we are back in office we could do all the professional stuff like GCP, Ortho, DEM ecc.

I think this would help a lot. Becouse I have tried the standard demo right now on a project and the camera positions are completely wrong after alignemnt compared to the Pro version on the same project....

This means that at moment the standard version is not suitable for us as second & third license

do you think you could us help in this?
Thanks a lot for your understanding

GrinGEO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 01:10:39 PM »
what do you think about my proposal? Would be glad to receive an answer. really appreciate your help

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 01:32:56 PM »
Hello GrinGEO,

Currently we are not planning to extend the functionality of the Standard edition by adding the support for geotaged photos and coordinate system selection.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

GrinGEO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 11:03:09 PM »
This feature would help a lot in my opinion..... what speaks against to add this simple feature to it.
Almost every drone today has GPS. I understand completely not to support GCP, but onestly, standard edition doesn't eiterh support Orthomosaics so you cannot excport anything geotagged.

But it would help a lot to align image sets

GrinGEO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 01:25:29 PM »
any Feedback regarding this? I have seen Pix4D Discovery offers this requested features too... would be very thankful

or in addittion the option to install Agisoft on 2 devices (Computer + Laptop) with one license. Already this would help a lot in the field
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 02:26:52 PM by GrinGEO »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 12:29:08 PM »
Hello GrinGEO,

You can address your thoughts regarding the revision of the Standard edition functionality and features to info@agisoft.com to be reviewed by our team.

Also you can review the thread in the Feature Requests board related to "intermediate" edition or extension of the Standard edition functionality:
http://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=2264.0
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC