Forum

Author Topic: Problems to work with the ready align model  (Read 1437 times)

itzhalpepe

• View Profile
Problems to work with the ready align model
« on: August 29, 2017, 05:22:02 PM »
Hello,
i have a project in photoscan with about 700 photos and i aligned them with high setting, 160000 kie point limit and tie point of 0. Now i have the problem, that the pc didnt need so much time with around 1 hour to edit it. But now it has problems to show the ready project. It needs so much time to delete some tie points or zoom into the picture. The project has at the moment 7.100.000 tie points. The Pc has got 200gb Ram and it doesnt use the processor to 100%. My idea is, that the graphic card isnt good enough to show the project.

I have often the report, that the program hasnt a feedback, but after some minutes it works again. But it is so slow, that i cant work with it.

Do you have other solutions or idea why it works so slow?

Best regards
Leon

SAV

• View Profile
Re: Problems to work with the ready align model
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 08:11:31 AM »
Hi itzhalpepe,

It's definitely not the lack of RAM  ;)

Do I understand you correctly, you have a sparse point cloud of 160,000 points (= tie points) and computed a dense point cloud with 7,100,000 points from it?
It should not be a problem to open/visualise such a (small) dense point cloud at all. I have opened and edited point clouds with 80,000,000 points on a 5 year old laptop with a 2GB graphics card.
What graphics card are you using? Check if it is enabled/checked in Photoscan (Tools>Preferences>OpenCL). Maybe also try to update your graphics card driver to the latest version.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
SAV