Forum

Author Topic: Setting up Network cluster for OSX  (Read 2677 times)

J@EGA

• View Profile
Setting up Network cluster for OSX
« on: September 11, 2017, 03:30:45 PM »
Hi, i have a network of Mac's and i need to get a server up and running on on and then the rest need to to be processing nodes when not in use.

i have a look at the documentation and it seem that its mostly just for windows and linux,
i just need to know semi step by step how to set up the server now.

photoscan --server --control 192.168.0.104 --dispatch 192.168.0.104

im using this for now but it saying photoscan: command not found in osx terminal

please help

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Setting up Network cluster for OSX
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 11:40:20 AM »
Hello J@EGA,

You need to run PhotoScanPro executable from the application bundle contents:

Code: [Select]
PhotoScanPro.app/Contents/MacOS/PhotoScanPro --server --control 192.168.0.104 --dispatch 192.168.0.104
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

J@EGA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 04:43:56 PM »
thank you alexey, but i manage to figure that out by my self. the manual needs to be updated so that its easier to understand, i have 3 nodes connected to a server however during building mesh task, only one node is active and the other 2 stays on ready. why are the other nodes not working as well? i read on a post that some tasks can only be handled by one node. is this true? where can i find this infomation which states what tasks support multiple nodes. i will post my methods after this for those who also struggling to get this to work on both mac and windows

WINDOWS
server
makes 2 shortcuts of the photoscanPro.exe(this should go to desktop)
right click and change the target to the follow
"C:\Program Files\Agisoft\PhotoScan Pro\photoscan.exe" --server --control 192.168.0.104 --dispatch 192.168.0.104  --root Z:\Rendersand click apply

my ip is 192.168.0.104 ----- change this to your ip.(press windows key and R) then type cmd and enter. then ipconfig and enter. your ip should be seen there.
enter your path file to where your files are

it should run as server now.

node

"C:\Program Files\Agisoft\PhotoScan Pro\photoscan.exe" --node --dispatch 192.168.0.104  --root Z:\Renders
same thing for the other shortcut

Mac

open terminal
make sure photoscanPro is in you applications folder

enter this in terminal
Sever
/Applications/PhotoScanPro.app/Contents/MacOS/PhotoScanPro --server --control 192.168.0.104 --dispatch 192.168.0.104:5841 —root /Volumes/Work/Renders
node
/Applications/PhotoScanPro.app/Contents/MacOS/PhotoScanPro --node --dispatch 192.168.0.104 --root /Volumes/Work/Renders
enter. your ip should be seen there.
enter your path file to where your files are

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 05:18:04 PM »
Hello J@EGA,

You can find the list of the tasks that support fine level task distribution in the Network tab of PhotoScan Preferences window. They are: Image Matching, Align Cameras (these tow form Align Photos operation), Dense Cloud Generation, Building Tiled Model, Orthomosaic and DEM.
Building texture and mesh does not yet support network distribution, so these stages are performed on a single node only.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC