Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.4.0 pre-release  (Read 210595 times)

school

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.4.0 pre-release
« Reply #180 on: November 13, 2017, 02:42:52 AM »
Alexey,

Thanks very much! I was very close but was missing just one thing:

Note: You need to apply masks for each calibration image and for each band! To switch between bands use “Set Master Channel” in the context menu after right-clicking on the chunk's label in the Workspace pane

Now I have sensitivity being adjusted for each band and am reprocessing.

Thanks!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 13, 2017, 09:02:00 AM »
Hello school,

In the next pre-release update we'll slightly update the procedure, it should allow for automatic detection of the MicaSense Calibration panel.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

school

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 13, 2017, 06:55:14 PM »
Great. Thanks!

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 14, 2017, 03:01:39 PM »
Hi Alexey

Concerning the exportation of the orthomosaic as a JPEG image, the problem might have been related with the reuse of a project processed in version 1.3.4- The same project processed from ground up in version 1.4.0 has no problems. The image will export as a JPEG without a problem. Relative to the QGIS dealing with tiff images exported from PS, Tiff overviews do matter. If they are not generated the image is almost impossible to visualize in QGIS. It tiff overviews are rendered, the image will render just fine and quickly, despite of it's size. For this reason, if the objective is to use the ortho in a GIS environment, it's recommended to activate the Tiff Overviews option while exporting.
Cheers

Kjellis85

• Archaeological field supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Contact information at University of Tromsø
« Reply #184 on: November 17, 2017, 11:39:38 AM »
I see a new feature called "Draw patch" but cannot find anything in the helpfile about this. Can anyone explain what this does and how it differs from draw polygon?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 17, 2017, 02:03:18 PM »
Hello Kjellis85,

Draw Patch is just more convenient tool to Draw Polygon and Assign Image. It automatically assigns the most appropriate image for the drawn polygon.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

eriks

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 17, 2017, 03:08:08 PM »
Our company antivirus software crashed my project and also Photoscan 1.4.0 which I downloaded last night.
Previous versions of Photoscan which have done the same I think have not had any issues. I guess you should talk to the antivirus-companies and get on their "white-list"

Smallpoly

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 18, 2017, 03:38:56 AM »
Hey, can I get some more detail on what the "Use Strict Volumetric Masks" is doing with the new mesh workflow?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 21, 2017, 01:21:02 PM »
Hey, can I get some more detail on what the "Use Strict Volumetric Masks" is doing with the new mesh workflow?
Hello Smallpoly,

We'll post an introduction to this feature to the Blog section in a couple of days. Basically the feature allows to use only a few masked photos to cover the problematic/complex areas and use the new mesh generation method, instead of masking all the images.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 21, 2017, 01:21:59 PM »
Our company antivirus software crashed my project and also Photoscan 1.4.0 which I downloaded last night.
Previous versions of Photoscan which have done the same I think have not had any issues. I guess you should talk to the antivirus-companies and get on their "white-list"
Hello Erik,

Does it happen only with the certain pre-release build or you have observed it before with any 1.3.4 release versions?
Also please specify, which antivirus you are using.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

andrewasane

« Reply #190 on: November 21, 2017, 02:27:10 PM »
Pre-release version of Agisoft PhotoScan 1.4.0 is available for download.

This pre-release is considered as unstable and is not recommended for production use.

Please use the links below for download:

Agisoft PhotoScan Standard edition
Windows 64 bit
Windows 32 bit
Mac OS X
Linux 64 bit

Agisoft PhotoScan Professional edition
Windows 64 bit
Windows 32 bit
Mac OS X
Linux 64 bit

PhotoScan 1.4.0 Change Log
PhotoScan 1.4.0 Python API

Please let us know if you have any problems using this version.

Please post problems and/or questions concerning other PhotoScan version in separate topics.

This topic will be removed when the final 1.4.0 version is released.

Note
Project files created with 1.4.0 version can't be opened with earlier versions.

EDIT:
Updated to version 1.4.0 build 5310.

Hello, about the Cesium 3D Tiles export, I think we are now burdened with writing code for the base app so it will be great if the contents of the zip file created is in one folder and another folder is created for the html and others that point to the tiles in the other folder. Thank you

eriks

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 22, 2017, 02:09:01 AM »
>Does it happen only with the certain pre-release build or you have observed it before with any 1.3.4 release versions?
>Also please specify, which antivirus you are using.

No, I have never seen this before on Photoscan, but it has happened on other programs.
The antivirus is OfficeScan from Trend Micro as shown in the printscreen.
https://www.trendmicro.com/en_gb/business.html

Erik

JMR

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 22, 2017, 01:31:22 PM »
Hello, Alexey:
Can you please ellaborate a bit what does mean "incremental alignment support" and how to use it?
Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 22, 2017, 01:55:26 PM »
Hello JMR,

To use incremental image alignment it is necessary to keep the key points in the project (there's a new setting on the Advanced Preferences tab for that). Once the option is set up all projects where the image matching has been completed would also contain the key points.
So after running Align Photos on the certain set of images it is possible to add new photos to the same chunk and run Align Photos operation again (with the option "Reset Current Alignment" unchecked), in this case the processing wouldn't start from scratch, but instead PhotoScan will try to match the newly added images with the already aligned image set, basing on the stored key points.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

LiNkAs

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 22, 2017, 05:30:36 PM »
Hi guys,

I have tested yours pre-release Agisoft PhotoScan version which has capability to export cesium 3D Tiles from Point-cloud and have faced one problem.
After i imported tiles to cesium viewer i can see that my point-cloud looks different by saying different i mean its looks like majority of points its gone and those who left don't contains information compare with point-cloud from how it looks like in PhotoScan.
I have tried to make medium and high quality point-clouds but result was the same.
Do you have any suggestion how can I receive correct output?

Best regards
Linas