Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.4.0 pre-release  (Read 210627 times)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.4.0 pre-release
« Reply #315 on: February 14, 2018, 09:58:19 PM »
Hello Payne,

Can you please confirm that you are processing the data from scratch in build 5650 and are not using the old project saved in the previous builds?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Payne

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 14, 2018, 10:48:08 PM »
Hello Alexey,

yes, I can confirm that. I'm not using the old project.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:58:02 PM by Payne »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 15, 2018, 01:32:07 PM »
Hello Payne,

For me the sensitivity values in the Camera Calibration dialog do not seem correct.

Can you please make a quite test in the version 1.4.0 (built 5650) - create a new project, add a few images from RedEdge camera, including the calibration images and try to repeat the reflectance calibration operation. Then provide the screenshot of the Band tab from the Camera Calibration dialog before and after the reflectance calibration operation.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Payne

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 20, 2018, 07:14:25 PM »
 Hello Alexey,

First of all thanks for your stamina!

Yes, I'm also pretty sure that these values are not correct.
I did what you asked for. Attached you can find the examples. Regrettably the values doesn't change at all.
But the Normalize Band Sensitivity" option is checked on and this is normally only the case if the Reflectance Calibration procedure is complete, right?
I have tested the same with Parrot Sequoia data and it is the same issue.

Moreover I wrote a short tutorial for the multiband-calibration_1.4.0 (built 5650) (see attached). Is there something wrong?

Best wishes,
Norman

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 20, 2018, 07:30:31 PM »
Hello Hello Payne,,

"Normalize band sensitivity" option is checked on automatically after the reflectance calibration procedure is finished.

Can you send any five images related to the same camera position to support@agisoft.com for additional investigation? Of course, if those five images also show the same Sensitivity value in the calibration dialog.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

jdesignz023

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 07, 2018, 11:25:04 AM »
Im using 1.4 build 5097 and trying to import video (both mp4 and mov) but keep getting the error: A media resource couldnt be resolved".

I did not see any firm replies on the video importing issues, but for windows 64 bit (specifically in my case), using VLC media player to convert using standard .asf format works well for me.

Hope that helps. I know it is not one of the known formats shown in the import windows, but it does show and play in preview and imports just fine. Just only one thing to check is to make sure you have no shots that are solid black. Delete those. Most may be in the beginning of the processing so some of the first photos maybe.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 07, 2018, 02:28:48 PM »
Hello jdesignz023,

The issues with the video import are usually resoled by installing codec pack (like K-lite codec pack or similar).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Payne

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 20, 2018, 12:42:43 PM »
Hello Alexey,

also after the newest Update Version 1.4.1 build 5925 (26 February 2018) after "Calibrate Reflectance" the images getting black and also the products like 3D point cloud as well as the Orthomosaik is only black.

I send the images to you, you can see it by yourself if you want.

Best wishes,
Norman

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 20, 2018, 02:46:19 PM »
Hello Norman,

You can check the latest instruction for the reflectance calibration in the following tutorial:
http://www.agisoft.com/pdf/PS_1.4_(IL)_Refelctance_Calibration.pdf

If there are still any problems, please send a small sample dataset to support@agisoft.com for testing.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

william

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 23, 2018, 02:51:36 AM »
Hi Payne and Alexey,

I have been dealing with a similar problem (black or white images after reflectance calibration). Alexey may be aware of this because I've had a lengthy email chain with Agisoft support. I have just solved my problem, so maybe my solution will help you (PhotoScan 1.4.1 build 5925):

My precise workflow for successful calibration is as follows:
1. Add Photos
2. Set Tools -> camera calibration -> bands -> "Normalize Band Sensitivity' to TRUE (check the box).
3. Calibrate Reflectance (with sun sensor & panel).

If I instead do the following, one of my bands becomes pure white (bad result).
1. Add Photos
2. Calibrate Reflectance (with sun sensor & panel). (Normalize band sensitivity is now automatically checked.)

Hopefully this solves your problem, too!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 03:13:14 AM by william »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 23, 2018, 02:16:19 PM »
Hello William,

Thank you for posting. It seems that in the latest version it's really necessary to set Normalize Band Sensitivity flag before starting the reflectance calibration procedure (another workaround, if just running the calibration procedure two times in a row, since the first time the flag will be set automatically). We'll fix that in the 1.4.2 update, so that it should work as expected.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ncassab

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 26, 2018, 08:35:26 PM »
I think maybe I found a couple of bugs?:

1.) I tried to import a manually created Markers file exported from Photoscan Pro 1.3X into Photoscan Pro 1.4 Beta.  I got a pop-up error dialog saying "Missing Sensor ID"

2.) I tried to import a MP4 video file and got a popup dialog saying "A media resource couldn't be resolved"

Thank you for reporting.

We'll fix the XML compatibility for markers in the next update. As for the video import, please specify the OS you are using and the codec used in the video.

I'm also having the issue with video, OS is windows 10 codec is: Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 26, 2018, 08:45:23 PM »
Hello ncassab,

On Windows it is usually required to install a codec (for example, use K-lite codec pack) to solve the problem.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Sören

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 27, 2018, 03:47:47 PM »
... It seems that in the latest version it's really necessary to set Normalize Band Sensitivity flag before starting the reflectance calibration procedure (another workaround, if just running the calibration procedure two times in a row, since the first time the flag will be set automatically). We'll fix that in the 1.4.2 update, so that it should work as expected.

Hello Alexey,

First: No matter what I do but using Agisoft PhotoScan 1.4.1 to mosaic Sequoia data the orthomosaics always remain in DN (16 bit) values instead of reflectances. Also setting Normalize Band Sensitivity flag before reflectance calibration procedure lead to no success. Is it even possible by using the last updated version or should it work with the new release 1.4.2 only?

Second: I have no success to open sequoia_param.dat file using Notepad++ on Windows distribution. Any solution e.g. by another editor?

Thank you for supporting!

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 27, 2018, 04:18:24 PM »
Hello Sören,

The output of reflectance calibration is in 16 bit format according to MicaSense recommendations:
https://support.micasense.com/hc/en-us/articles/215460518-What-are-the-units-of-the-Atlas-GeoTIFF-output-
value 65535 means 200% reflectance and 32768 - 100% reflectance, so if you need to get values from 0 to 1, it's necessary to use Raster Calculator dialog, create several output channels (according to the number of input channels) and use the ratio equation for each band, then during export use Index Value option in the Raster Transform section.

As for the problems that you are experiencing, can you provide a small sample image set with calibration plate images and the project file to support@agisoft.com?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC