Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.4.0 pre-release  (Read 210612 times)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.4.0 pre-release
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2017, 06:12:52 PM »
Using 1.4.0 build 5097 on an iMac 5k. The camera icons and the thumbnails with view images are quite small. I have tried toggling High DPI mode but nothing changes.
Hello Tom,

You can increase the size of the placeholders with the mouse wheel while holding Shift key.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Jeremiah_ROWE

Re: fiducial marks
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2017, 06:19:06 PM »
I would like more information on the scanned film with fiducial marker support.

I can't find anything else on this.

hi,
I typed in  the coordinates of fiducial marks and the focal length but   No message to measure the fid.  marks on the photos....

karad

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2017, 12:41:32 PM »
hi,
Alexey answered the question, see in General section > fiducial marks?.
I posted twice because I did not know how to delete a message ! :D

saha

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2017, 09:02:22 PM »
Hi Alexey, really loving the new update.

I'm getting the "A media resource couldn't be resolved" issue with the vids from my Samsung NX500.  It outputs to MP4s with H.265 rather than the more common H.264. This is on 64 bit windows 10.

If it makes a difference, I'm also able to view the vids in various media players and extract frames using DVDVideoSoft's free tool.

If you want a test file to check out, I've uploaded a copy of a ~1 second video of the checkerboard calibration screen from Lens here:
https://www.uploadthingy.com/widget?c=worldviz.com&el=1783660.mp4

Thank you for the update and new features! I have the exact same problem. It occurs with all video types. I'm using win10, standard 64 bit version. thanks

Jeremiah_ROWE

« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2017, 03:54:11 PM »
Masked portions of images are being applied to my textures!

Something is wrong, because masked portions of the image should not be used in texture generation.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2017, 05:32:10 PM »
Hello Jeremiah,

Thanks for reporting. We'll check that and hopefully fix in the next pre-release update.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

glennn

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2017, 01:02:07 AM »
Hi
Great work on new release as always
I am having a bug where I edit masks then save the project but when I goto edit the next next mask i get an error of Cant read project masks.zip
Also I get a long load time on some masks that I havent worked on yet in project.

It may have something to do with I moved the project to a portable drive.  I initially worked on workstation.  Could be different drive letter issue or something.

Upon reloading the project it works again fine but I can repeat error every time

engelbeck

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2017, 06:47:57 PM »
I have been playing with the new Model View <Camera><Show Images> feature.  Objects I work with tend to be symmetric.  The new feature shows the image on both side of the camera; when looking through the camera as well as when you are looking into the camera.  It should only display the image when looking through the camera at the object, otherwise you can't tell which side of a symmetric object you took the picture from!

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2017, 02:21:23 AM »
In MacOS, while using a 6 Chunk project and batch processing, both dense cloud and model are erased from each chunk. Only Tie Points, DEM and Orthomosaic are retained.

Willi Hammes

• View Profile
    • MAWI United GmbH
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2017, 12:43:25 PM »
Hi,

I have been playing around with the new version and there is a bug where you can't set a custom resolution for the mesh generation. The field is disabled when using the arbitrary 3D mode. The Ultra High setting doesn't give enough detail to generate a sharp normal map from the data.

But I had an idea and hope this is possible to add as a new feature the 1.4.
Is it possible to bake the dense pointcloud height information into the textures alpha channel? So it would trace from the generated mesh to the dense point cloud and record the difference in distance as a grey scale texture into the alpha of the color map or a separate set of textures.
This way we could use the lower res meshes and displace them later to get back the full detail. This would make the handling of detailed scans a lot easier since you don't need to work with massive 40 million or more poly meshes.

What you think?

cheers,
Willi Hammes

CEO
MAWI United GmbH

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2017, 01:18:17 PM »
In MacOS, while using a 6 Chunk project and batch processing, both dense cloud and model are erased from each chunk. Only Tie Points, DEM and Orthomosaic are retained.
Hello Renato,

Can you please specify, which batch steps have been used? Maybe you can share batch XML, if it is still accessible?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

James

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2017, 01:55:46 PM »
Is it a new thing in 1.4 that full size images are not cached, and it has to reload the full image each time you page up/page down to cycle through them, seeing a pixelated thumbnail while you wait?

I'm working with 10s of terabytes of images which are held on a network file server.

The images are almost completely featureless white painted surfaces so the best way to check overlap used to be to visually identify tiny defects in the paint finish and flip to the next image and back quickly multiple times to see if they exist in adjacent images or not.

This is impossible to do now the image disappears, reappears pixelated, and then takes a couple of seconds to load in full each time you switch.

(Win 10 Home, PS Pro 1.4 build 5097 64 bit)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 01:58:19 PM by James »

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2017, 03:42:43 PM »
Hi Alexey

Possibly, I can not recover the XML but I remember perfectly which steps were used because I use the same workflow in these types of work. The steps were:

Align Photos - Accuracy Highest - Default in all others
Optimize Alignement - defaults
Build Dense Cloud - Quality Ultra High; Depth filtering Moderate - Default in all others
Build Mesh - Surface Type Height field; Face Count High - Default in all others
Build Dem - Defaults
Build Orthomosaic - Defaults (here the color correction present in version 1.3.x is missing)

The "Apply" option in each step was All Chunks

In the end, both dense cloud and mesh were erased from each chunk. I did not monitor the project ongoing so I cannot specify the step in which  this data was erased.
Cheers

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2017, 07:58:30 PM »
Hello Renato,

Is it possible that there were Align Photos or Optimize Cameras task somewhere after Build Dense Cloud and Build Mesh jobs? Maybe you have the processing log saved after this batch?

I'll try to reproduce it on Mac OS X shortly, but on Windows the batch works as expected.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2017, 10:30:28 PM »
I'll try to reproduce the problem in a smaller project using the same conditions. Considering that things failed, I've trashed the files and I'm now processing the same project in 1.3.4.