Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.4.0 pre-release  (Read 210616 times)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.4.0 pre-release
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2017, 12:01:40 PM »
Hello rexsham,

Can you check with the Network Monitor if there are any other nodes (that are on version 5097) that are connected to your server?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2017, 12:07:00 PM »
Hi Alexey

In case the crash reporter under MacOS High Sierra is not able to send you a crash file, I've extracted the following line that can give you a clue about the "crash on startup" problem:

File "/Users/xxxxxxxx/Library/Application Support/Agisoft/PhotoScan Pro/scripts/ortoscrip.py", line 11, in <module>
    from PySide import QtCore, QtGui
ImportError: No module named 'PySide'

Cheers

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2017, 12:12:10 PM »
Hello Renato,

It seems that you have outdated autorun scripts (for version 1.2?) that are not compatible with the version 1.4. If you remove them (move to any other location) the application should start normally.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2017, 12:49:21 PM »
I want to report a big problem with exporting google map tiles and MB tiles in the last version. I see notice "Invalid raster transform value". My data are in EPSG 5514. Everything works fine in the version 1.3.4. Data are transformed correctly into web mercator and then exported in the 1.3.4. See the attachment.
Second problem is with orthorectification. Please see the second attachment - there is some problme with reading rasters. Whole project with the images you can find here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1l3at7943xfzr0r/project.zip?dl=0

Hello Jakub,

It seems that there's a bug for the orthomosaic export that shows "Invalid Raster Transform Value" error. It is not related to the coordinate transformation. We'll fix it in the next version update.

Unfortunately, I do not see any libtiff errors with the provided images, if you can sen any single image that raises the warning in the Console pane, it would be helpful.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2017, 01:55:22 PM »
Hi Alexey

But those possible 1.2 autorun scripts are located where? I've just replaced the new 1.4 beta for the old one. Shouldn't they work in the same manner? I guess that this new 1.4 beta has something different from the latest one that triggers this behavior. The latest 1.4 beta (5097) works as expected.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2017, 02:18:51 PM »
Hello Renato,

Can you check the path that appears in the error?

"/Users/xxxxxxxx/Library/Application Support/Agisoft/PhotoScan Pro/scripts/ortoscrip.py"
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2017, 02:23:15 PM »
Hi Alexey

I was so busy that did not think in the obvious :-)
Done. Erased the script and it works.
Thanks a lot

Cheers

rexsham

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2017, 03:33:00 PM »
Hello rexsham,

Can you check with the Network Monitor if there are any other nodes (that are on version 5097) that are connected to your server?

There are no other nodes that are on version 5097 in the network.

In the image that I attached in the previous post is running the Network Monitor. There are only two computers in the network, one running 5097 as the node, one running 5251 as the server. You can see the 192.168.1.166 has been connected to the 5097 server. And the node running on 192.168.1.161 (the server that is running 5251 itself cannot connect to itself)

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2017, 03:42:58 PM »
Hello rexsham,

On your screenshot (see cropped image below) there are two node instances connected to the server, both nodes are running version 5097, server is running 5251. Both instances are run on host 192.168.1.166. While the server is run on 192.168.1.161 and from the same host (.161) you are trying to start updated node.

So if any other node is trying to connect and doesn't have proper version installed (exactly the same as already connected nodes), you'll get version mismatch issue.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 03:44:38 PM by Alexey Pasumansky »
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

JMR

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2017, 09:41:24 PM »

It seems that there's a bug for the orthomosaic export that shows "Invalid Raster Transform Value" error. It is not related to the coordinate transformation. We'll fix it in the next version update.

Unfortunately, I do not see any libtiff errors with the provided images, if you can sen any single image that raises the warning in the Console pane, it would be helpful.

Hello Alexey: I've had the same "invalid Raster Transform Value" error, very inconvenient in this very moment.
I have noticed that the file size shown in the tree does not match what I was expecting which is double as the dem file. (the dem can be exported flawlessly)

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2017, 09:52:58 PM »
Hello JMR,

The size of the orthomosaic may be smaller than double of DEM (from high quality dense cloud), since DEM may be extrapolated, whereas orthomosaic covers only visible areas.

As for the "Invalid Raster Transform Value" - it's a bug with any orthomosaic export in the given build. Before we have uploaded the new update, you can use previous 1.4.0 build for export.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Shadow

• View Profile
    • My 3D scans on Sketchfab
« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2017, 12:19:24 AM »
Hello,

Looks like Photoscan 1.4 has some great features ! I'm disappointed the "remove lighting" tool is only available in the Pro version, but still, nice improvements.

Like other users, I get the "A media resource couldn't be resolved" error when importing a video.
Also, before clicking "ok", the preview does not seem to be working (it's just a black rectangle).
Tested using Photoscan 1.4.0 build 5251 64 bits, Windows 10, Video : .MP4 / Sony's XAVC-S codec)
I can provide you a video sample, if needed.

I also just noticed a small translation error in the French version (I don't know if it was there before 1.4) :
File > Import > Import model is translated as "Fichier>Importer>Exporter le modèle" : this should be changed to "Importer le modèle".

rexsham

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 29, 2017, 10:20:56 PM »
Hello rexsham,

On your screenshot (see cropped image below) there are two node instances connected to the server, both nodes are running version 5097, server is running 5251. Both instances are run on host 192.168.1.166. While the server is run on 192.168.1.161 and from the same host (.161) you are trying to start updated node.

So if any other node is trying to connect and doesn't have proper version installed (exactly the same as already connected nodes), you'll get version mismatch issue.

Thank you very much Alexey.
After your explanation I finally understand that "Version mismatch" does not mean the Node and Server version mismatch, it actually means that more than 1 node that are running different versions of node is connected to server at the same time.

I would kindly suggest that changing the "Version Mismatch" into "Nodes running different versions are not allowed, please make sure all the nodes are running the same Version and Build of Photoscan."
The original message "Version Mismatch" is a bit confusing and I think that means it is a server and node version mismatch.

Anyway thank you so much! 1.4 has a lot of great improvements. Make sure the new features are well documented in the user guide and your website tutorials. The tutorials on the web are severely outdated.

dobermunk

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2017, 11:13:59 AM »
Very excited about the new features, most of all the de-lighting function which I would not have access to. Hope you reconsider not including it in the base version, as it's exactly what game artists / asset-creation needs (I suspect more than the average pro user), and not including it just pushes us more into Unity workflows.
Anyway, congrats and looking forward to upgrade!

Smallpoly

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 31, 2017, 01:53:40 AM »
Hey, I have a question about camera calibration from within Photoscan Standard  64-bit, build 5251.

I wanted to try out the newly merged-in camera calibration, so I loaded up the chessboard from Tools -> Lens -> Show Chessboard, took some shots, ran  Tools -> Lens -> Calibrate Lens and ended up with some aligned photos in the model view (attached).

Where do I go from here? I'm familiar with the original method with Lens as a separate program, but I don't see anywhere to save out camera profiles. Is there a new workflow to follow for that part?

Hi Smallpoly, future Smallpoly here. It looks like you did something wrong the first time because I tried things again and didn't have aligned photos showing up in the model view. Maybe you hit align photos at some point and forgot about it? Running the calibrations should show the results in the console and apply them to the "Adjusted" tab in Camera Calibration. From there you can save it out to XML as in the original Lens program.