Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.4.0 pre-release  (Read 210618 times)

Mohammed

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.4.0 pre-release
« Reply #150 on: November 06, 2017, 04:24:07 PM »
Hi Alexey,

Thanks for update i start try it and i notice three things for pointcloud importer:

1- When i import pointclouds the top view become bottom view so when i press shortcut 7 it give me the bottom view (Z axis in opposite direction )also for shortcut 3 and 4 (give me bottom Right and Bottom Left).

2- Why in import pointcloud i can't import it directly in the sw (i.e i should open an any old project to get this option activate).

3- when i try to build a mesh from the importer pointcloud (2 million points) it took long long time to process it and stop in 19% by the way i reduced the pointcloud to 400k and also stop in 19% see snapshot 1.

-Also another problem happen while i build a Cylinder Orthomosiac to a cylinder column it stop process and give me this message: see snapshot 2________Edit the Cylinder OrthoMosiac: i saved the file in another HDD and got this interesting result keep going Agisoft team. See snapshot 3

Mohammed
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 08:36:22 PM by tornado2011 »

Diego

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 06, 2017, 09:43:08 PM »
Hello Alexey
I am testing the new function "import points"  in build 5310. and so far everything works excellent, even really large pointcloud, the only thing that does not work is to generate tiled model from the imported points

mirijovsky

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2017, 01:19:32 PM »
Hello Alexey,

There is some mismatch in "Dense cloud" tool (build 5310). If you click on "Classify Ground points" you will get "Select points by color", if you click on "Select points by color" you will get "Select points by mask", etc...

Another questions:

1) May I skip Align step If I have exterior orientation parameters and camera calibration parameters? I can import it and I would like to continue with dense cloud. Is it possible?

2) What about color correction? Where is this checkbox now?

Best regards,
Jakub
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 03:15:35 PM by mirijovsky »

Smallpoly

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2017, 10:56:01 PM »
Ooh, a feature for preventing ghosting? That sounds awesome! They've been a cause of huge trouble anytime I do interiors. I'll need to try that one out too. This update keeps on getting better and better.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 02:23:19 AM by Smallpoly »

gaetan73

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 08, 2017, 10:18:23 AM »
Hello,

I just tested version 1.4, the new features are great.
I have already done a test to mix data LIDAR and photos from a video everything worked. Awesome!
I'm testing a new, larger dataset and at the import stage of the video I get the error message "Failed to load media".
My video is in .mp4 and is a little over 2GB.
Is this a file size problem?
Thank you in advance for your answer.

BobvdMeij

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 08, 2017, 10:50:26 AM »
How is one able to select/ turn on GPUs in v1.4?

I found my Dense cloud generation step took over four times as long in v1.4 compared to 1.3.4. Upon closer inspection I found that none of my GPUs show up in the Preference dialog box. They are not just unchecked, they do not show up all together. They did in the latest installment of 1.3.4. Any fix around this?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 08, 2017, 04:40:03 PM »

I found my Dense cloud generation step took over four times as long in v1.4 compared to 1.3.4. Upon closer inspection I found that none of my GPUs show up in the Preference dialog box. They are not just unchecked, they do not show up all together. They did in the latest installment of 1.3.4. Any fix around this?
Hello BobvdMeij,

Which OS you are using and which graphic card is installed on your system?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 08, 2017, 05:05:35 PM »
There is some mismatch in "Dense cloud" tool (build 5310). If you click on "Classify Ground points" you will get "Select points by color", if you click on "Select points by color" you will get "Select points by mask", etc...

Hello Jakub,

Thanks for letting us know, it seems that for some reason the options were mixed. We'll fix it in the next update.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 08, 2017, 05:11:45 PM »
Another questions:

1) May I skip Align step If I have exterior orientation parameters and camera calibration parameters? I can import it and I would like to continue with dense cloud. Is it possible?

2) What about color correction? Where is this checkbox now?

Hello Jakub,

1) It is possible using Import Cameras option - it loads the exterior and interior orientation parameters that are not refined then. However, you still need to run image matching process (Build Points) to identify the overlapping images and find the correspondences between them.

2) Color correction has been moved to the separate isolated function: Tools Menu -> Calibrate Colors option. It should be performed prior to the orthomosaic or texture generation process. 
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ruyi7952

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #159 on: November 08, 2017, 05:25:52 PM »
Real Scene Model Professional Contractor

Collect、Process、Publish

3DFranz

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 08, 2017, 05:56:20 PM »
Started Testing Import of PontClouds. (.ply)
Seems to work fine. Also the Mesh Generation.

:)

BobvdMeij

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 09, 2017, 11:42:11 AM »

Hello BobvdMeij,

Which OS you are using and which graphic card is installed on your system?

Hello Alexey,

I'm running Windows 64-bit and Agisoft Photogrammetric Kit for TOPCON.

I also just learnt that Rolling Shutter compensation is not available when Optimizing Camera's. Hence I rolled-back to 1.3.4, which is working like a charm thus far.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 09, 2017, 11:54:33 AM »
Hello BobvdMeij,

I can suggest to re-install graphic card drivers then, using the installer from the GPU manufacturer's web-site.

The rolling shutter option in 1.4 has been moved to the camera calibration group preferences in the Tools Menu -> Camera Calibration window.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Diego

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 09, 2017, 06:11:21 PM »
Hello Alexey,

Build Tiled Model not work from the imported points "Dense cloud" ....... Error: Zero dense cloud resolution

Best regards

Yoann Courtois

• Engineer in Geodesy, Cartography and Surveying
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 09, 2017, 06:14:30 PM »
Build Tiled Model not work from the imported points "Dense cloud" ....... Error: Zero dense cloud resolution

Hi Diego !

Building Tiled model includes building a texture, which is made from images.
I guess you won't be able to create a tiled model without aligned set of pictures.

Regards
--
Yoann COURTOIS
R&D Engineer in photogrammetric process and mobile application
Lyon, FRANCE
--