Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.4.0 pre-release  (Read 210589 times)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.4.0 pre-release
« Reply #225 on: December 01, 2017, 05:09:13 PM »
How I should make my point clouds when using normals? Right now I'm trying to make ASC-file with normals and convert it to PTS. What I should use as separator(tabulation, comma, semicolon, space)? How about Decimal chart (point, comma)?

Now my PTS file looks like this (X,Y,Z, R, G, B, normals). Space as separator:
4653.735 -227.037 3.138 97 79 59 0.075 0.045 0.996

PTS format doesn't support point normals. You can consider using PLY (as plain-text format) that supports normals and also can be imported to PhotoScan.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 05:15:50 PM by Alexey Pasumansky »
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Erik Holmlund

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 01, 2017, 07:10:24 PM »
I noticed a bug in the new Refine Mesh tool, where some compressions, or amount of bands, return an "Unsupported data type" error.

I used 8 bit B&W images with the color profile "Gray Gamma 2.2", and with what I think was ZIP compression (it doesn't say in the metadata). After converting them all to 8 bit 3 channel "Adobe RGB 1998 (1998)" with no compression, the tool worked fine. My suspicion is the ZIP compression, but I can't reliably say so since I'm not entirely sure what the compression was.

Either way, the tool works with that simple workaround!

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 01, 2017, 08:12:50 PM »
Hello eriksh,

Currently in the pre-release Refine Mesh uses only RGB image data, but for the official release we are planning to support different types of data. If you can provide the project with the camera alignment and a few source images (in the unsupported format), please send the data to support@agisoft.com. To reduce the file size you can remove dense cloud and mesh from the project.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

bisenberger

• View Profile
    • Digital Mapping & Graphics
« Reply #228 on: December 01, 2017, 09:06:48 PM »
Move to other tab group not working in build 5432.
Hello bisenberger,

I cannot confirm it, yet. Which OS you are using? And whether there are any other issues when Photo view is opened?
I double click image in the Photos panel to open in tab. I right click the image tab and choose Move to Other Tab Group.  I click on model tab and double click a different image, the image replaces the image in the other tab. I think I just figured out my issue, if I right click on another image in the Photos panel it has an option to Open in New Tab.  :-[

Sorry Alexey
Digital Mapping & Graphics LLC
https://digital-mapping.net/

ruyi7952

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #229 on: December 03, 2017, 01:16:46 PM »
crash with 200W tie points,save as to smart3d xml files.

I have runing build 5432.
Real Scene Model Professional Contractor

Collect、Process、Publish

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 03, 2017, 01:22:56 PM »
crash with 200W tie points,save as to smart3d xml files.

I have runing build 5432.
Hello ruyi7952,

If there's anything in the log related to the issues, can you please post it here or send to support@agisoft.com?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ruyi7952

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #231 on: December 03, 2017, 01:37:01 PM »
If there's anything in the log related to the issues, can you please post it here or send to support@agisoft.com?

Hello Alexey

I don't have any logs ,but  send a demo project for your mailbox。

thanks you.

Collect、Process、Publish

geopole

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 04, 2017, 05:01:47 PM »
Hi ,

First time I post something!

I want to import point cloud from 3D scan into photoscan in a chunk, merge it with the point cloud from photo scan and the meshing the merged point cloud....

I am wondering if it s possible?

The.*. las import is ok but after, if I try to mesh the imported point cloud I have an error: empty region and if I try to merge the 2 points clouds together...nothing happen...

Any idea?

ruyi7952

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #233 on: December 05, 2017, 12:42:23 PM »
coordinate system?

Hi ,

I want to import point cloud from 3D scan into photoscan in a chunk, merge it with the point cloud from photo scan and the meshing the merged point cloud....

The.*. las import is ok but after, if I try to mesh the imported point cloud I have an error: empty region and if I try to merge the 2 points clouds together...nothing happen...

Any idea?

Collect、Process、Publish

SvaneSDU

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 05, 2017, 02:40:47 PM »
It looks good, I'm looking forward to the stable version.
I especially like that you have listened to the create polygon/polyline problemacy.

I hope an update will cure our very unstable build (it is suddenly spending HUGE amounts of time on processing).

James

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 05, 2017, 07:54:02 PM »
I hope an update will cure our very unstable build (it is suddenly spending HUGE amounts of time on processing).

This can be solved using hot glue in any spare USB sockets and not letting students near computers.
http://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=8100.0

Yoann Courtois

• Engineer in Geodesy, Cartography and Surveying
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 05, 2017, 08:05:11 PM »
Hi SvaneSDU,

Despite you are processing on an external hard drive, recent version of PhotoScan have no depth filtering limit anymore. That's what cause dense cloud generation to be really longer.

Just look at previous answers on this topic :

Hello cadm8,

In the version 1.3.0 the number of pairs for the depth filtering has a strict threshold: 50 pairs, in the later updates the limit has been removed.
Hi, that seems like a logical explanation! It's there a way to adjust the limit on the newer versions, or do you think there should be a change about this matter?

You can use the following line input to the Console pane to limit the number of pairs:

Code: [Select]
PhotoScan.app.settings.setValue('main/depth_filtering_limit', N)Here instead of N you need to input some integer value, for example, 80. Hopefully, it would reduce the processing time considerably without any visible issues. I do not recommend to go under 50-60 pairs, though.
To return the value to the default (unlimited) value, please use "-1":
Code: [Select]
    PhotoScan.app.settings.setValue('main/depth_filtering_limit', -1)
--
Yoann COURTOIS
R&D Engineer in photogrammetric process and mobile application
Lyon, FRANCE
--

geopole

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 06, 2017, 08:10:07 PM »
the 2 clouds are in the same local coordinates system (scan point cloud was usedto define GCP in photoscan)

coordinate system?

Hi ,

Any idea?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 06, 2017, 08:31:46 PM »
Hello geopole,

Currently point cloud import in the 1.4.0 discards existing dense cloud in the chunk and loads the new one form the file.

However, we are considering the merging option on import for the later 1.4 updates.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

cdoughty

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 06, 2017, 08:58:55 PM »
Hi all,
I'm new to Photoscan and using Pro version 1.4.0 build 5430 for processing multispectral Micasense Rededge imagery.

My question pertains to the change "Added support for MicaSense radiometric calibration parameters".

Following some other comments, I've found the useful "multiband-calibration" guide provided by Alexey that details how to calibrate sensitivity using in situ calibration panels. But does the new version also allow users to correct for the irradiance in each image collected simultaneously with a downwelling light sensor and present in the exif data? There is a workaround in R, but was hoping this function may be newly available in version 1.4.0.

Thanks.