Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.4.0 pre-release  (Read 210716 times)

James

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.4.0 pre-release
« Reply #270 on: December 21, 2017, 02:46:50 PM »
Tab order in the 'Build Orthomosaic' dialog is very mixed up.

ps pro v1.4 64bit build 5532
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 02:49:01 PM by James »

James

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 21, 2017, 02:52:32 PM »
The images are almost completely featureless white painted surfaces so the best way to check overlap used to be to visually identify tiny defects in the paint finish and flip to the next image and back quickly multiple times to see if they exist in adjacent images or not.

This is impossible to do now the image disappears, reappears pixelated, and then takes a couple of seconds to load in full each time you switch.

FYI I have found that opening the relevant images into multiple tabs pretty much solves this for me.

macsurveyr

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 21, 2017, 08:43:27 PM »
When exporting a sparse point cloud as ply, with Point colors selected, the RGB values are all 0

1.4.0 build 5532 macOS

Tom

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 21, 2017, 09:30:28 PM »
Hello,

it seems with latest release, in Model View, the Filter Photos by Point is no longer available (greyed out) in context menu (right click).. see screen shot
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 21, 2017, 09:53:33 PM »
When exporting a sparse point cloud as ply, with Point colors selected, the RGB values are all 0
Hello Tom,

Thank you for reporting.

Seems like all the colors were affected in the latest update, we'll fix it in the next version.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 22, 2017, 01:29:30 PM »
it seems with latest release, in Model View, the Filter Photos by Point is no longer available (greyed out) in context menu (right click).. see screen shot
Hello Paul,

Thank you for reporting. It would be also fixed in the next update.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

chehroma

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 22, 2017, 11:23:13 PM »
Can you say how i can build mesh faster with new volumetric mask. All process very long? Are there working processor or video card? What performance are you recommend that new change work faster? Very often i have an error with message "Not enough memory".
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 11:27:21 PM by chehroma »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 22, 2017, 11:32:03 PM »
Can you say how i can build mesh faster with new volumetric mask. All process very long? Are there working processor or video card? What performance are you recommend that new change work faster? Very often i have an error with message "Not enough memory".
Can you please provide the processing log related to the Build Mesh operation and specify the number of images in the project, their resolution, number of masks applied and system specs (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

chehroma

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 23, 2017, 12:41:55 PM »
Can you please provide the processing log related to the Build Mesh operation and specify the number of images in the project, their resolution, number of masks applied and system specs (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)?
I have 160 photo(3280*2464), 7 masks, mesh build with very high parameter and it still build more than 15 hours. RAM at maximum. Video card GTX 750. Windows server 2012. Screen shots added.

chehroma

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 23, 2017, 03:53:33 PM »
And one more when i use chunk.BuildPoints() there are no effect. No any point....

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 24, 2017, 08:29:46 PM »

Tab order in the 'Build Orthomosaic' dialog is very mixed up.

Should be fixed in the version 1.4.0 build 5585.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 24, 2017, 08:31:28 PM »
And one more when i use chunk.BuildPoints() there are no effect. No any point....
buildPoints() function assumes that you have imported exterior and interior orientation parameters for the cameras and have used matchPhotos() operation as well.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 24, 2017, 08:33:16 PM »
I have 160 photo(3280*2464), 7 masks, mesh build with very high parameter and it still build more than 15 hours. RAM at maximum. Video card GTX 750. Windows server 2012. Screen shots added.
More masks means that the process will be longer and higher memory will be required. Have you tried running the process without strict masks and see how long does it takes and what was the memory consumption peak?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Heinrich

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 25, 2017, 10:00:02 PM »
Alexey,
it seems a lot of people have issues with the 1.3.0 dense cloud process. Many of us (I think) do not run drone images. Thus, why not make the dense cloud dialog window a parameter for "depth_filtering_limit"?

This way, those affected by a low value could keep it low, those (like me) fine with a low value of 50 or 80 could enter it right there. And the eternal bitching about slow dense cloud building would cease. ;)

chehroma

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 25, 2017, 11:32:24 PM »
buildPoints() function assumes that you have imported exterior and interior orientation parameters for the cameras and have used matchPhotos() operation as well.

I know, in version 1.3.4 all work good. But here there are no any point after buildPoints(). Its may code which work in version 1.3.4.
Code: [Select]
chunk.importCameras(locationpath, format=PhotoScan.CamerasFormatXML)
chunk.matchPhotos(accuracy=PhotoScan.HighAccuracy,  generic_preselection=True, filter_mask=True, keypoint_limit=100000, tiepoint_limit=4000)
chunk.buildPoints()
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 11:33:58 PM by chehroma »