Forum

Author Topic: Model / texture is wavy and bumpy  (Read 2744 times)

BeardedSpaceMidget

• View Profile
Model / texture is wavy and bumpy
« on: September 20, 2017, 09:38:51 PM »
Hey guys!

I'm brand new to Agisoft. Just downloaded it yesterday and spent all day playing with it! I'm currently in the process of making my own game. Created 3 different rock models yesterday and I'm very impressed with the final product. Today I tried taking pictures of my shed outback, spent a couple hours messing with different settings and ended up using high settings for the photo aligning, dense cloud and model. I only used 48 pictures and I can see from the model where I would need to go back and take more photos ( the over hang of the roof ). But the building itself looks pretty good aside from a couple little details. The model and texture of the building itself ( inside Agisoft PhotoScan ) look amazing, but when importing it into Unity3D ( the platform I'm using to build my game ) the model and texture of the walls itself look wavy and bumpy. What would be causing this? And what could I do to fix this? I've attached pictures so you can easily see what I'm referring to.

I tried uploading the files directly through the Agisoft system but there were errors that made no sense. It origionally said the files couldn't be more than 550kb or something, I edited them so they were less than 450kb each, then I got an error saying they couldn't be above 750kb.

Agisoft Model - https://ibb.co/dXH165

Unity3D Model - https://ibb.co/dkDxeQ

BeardedSpaceMidget

• View Profile
Re: Model / texture is wavy and bumpy
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 01:52:13 AM »
BUMP

Anybody got any suggestions?

Smallpoly

• View Profile
Re: Model / texture is wavy and bumpy
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 12:02:31 AM »
That sort of thing can come from too low resolution, blurry images (out of focus / camera shake), and also from lens distortion.

1. What sort of camera are you shooting with?
2. Are you using a tripod?
3. Have you already tried calibrating your camera using Agisoft Lens?

You'll also probably want to retopo the model and reproject the textures before using it in any serious realtime project, btw.