Forum

Author Topic: fiducial marks?  (Read 6575 times)

karad

• View Profile
fiducial marks?
« on: September 25, 2017, 08:46:55 AM »
hi,
I typed in  the coordinates of fiducial marks and the focal length but   No message to measure the fid.  marks on the photos....

Jeremiah_ROWE

Re: fiducial marks?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 05:27:19 PM »
I don't see where these options or values would be used. Can you explain further? I just ran some scanned aerial images through the 1.4 beta but never did I see it ask me to input anything like this.

danhluna

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 04:59:13 AM »
The program, only has the option of internal orientation for digital cameras, would have to transform its calibration file of fiducial marks, which were of analog cameras, image size in pixels, and unit pixel size, which are calibration data of a digital camera.

karad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 09:33:44 AM »
hi  ,
to test how the fiducial marks are used in PS 1.4, I scanned some metric photos taken with  UMK 1318 terrestrial camera, I wrote the coordinates/ principal distance from the calibration report in the list but nothing happened. I expected to be asked to measure the fiducials in the photos but no promp!
Tools>camera calibration>  film with fiducial marks....(check)..a list appears...

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 01:01:34 PM by karad »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 10:23:40 AM »
Hello karad,

After adding the proper number and coordinates of the fiducial marks in the Camera Calibration window you can open the images from the corresponding camera calibration group and put the fiducials manually int eh Photo view mode (right click -> place fiducial).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

karad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 12:38:03 PM »
thank you Alexey,
I think "clear fiducials" must be able to remove selected fiducials ! Usufull in case of reseaux cameras eg semimetric  Rollei 6006.
thnx

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 12:46:48 PM »
Hello karad,

In the next 1.4 update it would be possible to remove fiducial marks individually and also to adjust their locations (without removing).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

karad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 12:48:32 PM »
thank you very much Alexey ! would be very usefull.
Fiducials are very usefull in case of scanned photos. In my case scanned photos aligned, not being able before.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 12:54:04 PM by karad »

bisenberger

• View Profile
    • Digital Mapping & Graphics
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2017, 08:07:11 PM »
The fiducials are very helpful for proper alignment, but when I add ground control points the orientation goes wonky. If I optimize the alignment with GCP's it really goes crazy.
Digital Mapping & Graphics LLC
https://digital-mapping.net/

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 11:56:46 PM »
Hello bisenberger,

We'll check that starting from the next update the projections of fiducials would not be taken into consideration as common markers.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Robert Dzur

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 04:49:40 PM »
Hello,

I'm attempting to test the fiducial mark functionality in the latest pre-release (build 5532).  I guess I'm trying to understand the workflow for using fiducial marks in photoscan pro.  For example, I have a group of 800+ images.  Is it necessary to manually measure the fiducial mark locations on each of these images or can the fiducial mark locations be assigned in some batch/automated way to the images?

Thank you for any workflow suggestions.

Robert
--