Forum

Author Topic: Migrating Markers between Chunks  (Read 2283 times)

BobvdMeij

• View Profile
Migrating Markers between Chunks
« on: September 25, 2017, 11:44:35 AM »
Dear all,

We are currently processing a 800 image project, based on a series of diversified UAV flights. Besides processing the full project we are also processing several chunks that borrow only a selection (400-600 ish) of the total image batch, to see how different flight patterns influence the output.

Marking all markers in each Chunk is a very time consuming activity. Besides we ideally use the exact same location of markers throughout the chunks to keep as many parameters equal. Hence I am wondering whether it would be possible to migrate the marked markers from the full project to the smaller chunks, based on the location of each marker in each image (i.e. pixel) and the unique image identifier.

Any clues on whether this would be possible? Or do we have no other choice to manually mark all markers in all chunks?

Cheers!

Yoann Courtois

• Engineer in Geodesy, Cartography and Surveying
    • View Profile
Re: Migrating Markers between Chunks
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 12:05:39 PM »
Hi Bob !

If your smaller projects are part of the main one, I would suggest you to place all your markers on the 800 images in a main chunk, and then create your sub-projects by duplicating the main chunk and removing unwanted pictures so that the placed markers stay !

Nevertheless, Coded or Non-coded target are really helpful to remove this time-consuming step !

Regards
--
Yoann COURTOIS
R&D Engineer in photogrammetric process and mobile application
Lyon, FRANCE
--

stihl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 05:19:03 PM »
Tools > Export > Export Markers will generate a Agisoft XML file that can be loaded into any new Photoscan project which automatically marks all the images with the appropriate markers.

Then create a new project and go to Tools > Import > Import markers.

The only condition for this to work is that the new project has to have exactly the same files (image file names) as the project from which this file was exported from.

BobvdMeij

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 08:55:15 AM »
Tools > Export > Export Markers will generate a Agisoft XML file that can be loaded into any new Photoscan project which automatically marks all the images with the appropriate markers.

Then create a new project and go to Tools > Import > Import markers.

The only condition for this to work is that the new project has to have exactly the same files (image file names) as the project from which this file was exported from.

Stihl.

You. Are. My. Hero!

Thanks a lot.