Forum

Author Topic: Placed markers disappear from unaligned photos with "refine marker..." checked  (Read 4488 times)

brishel

• View Profile
The setting "refine marker projections based on image content" is great, but it also removes placed markers from unaligned photos. I'd like to be able to set a few markers to help align troublesome photos without changing settings. Please consider skipping automatic marker adjustment for unaligned photos. Thanks!

Using PhotoScan Professional x64, latest version (1.3.4 b5067).

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello brishel,

Refine Markers option has no effect on the pinned markers (green flags), so you can manually adjust the positions of markers on the unaligned images onverting them into pinned status.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

brishel

• View Profile
The Refine Markers seems to have no effect on green flagged-markers that were created when Refine Markers was unchecked (disabled). However, if the markers were placed with Refine Markers enabled, green flags placed on unaligned photos do disappear.

To reproduce:
1. Start from any model with some aligned and unaligned photos.
2. Make sure Refine Markers is enabled.
3. Create a new marker on aligned photos.
4. Place that same marker on the unaligned photo (right-click, place marker).

After about a second, the green flag marker will disappear from the unaligned photo.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Hello brishel,

Ok, thank you for the instructions, we'll try to reproduce it soon and fix then.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Aaslestad

• View Profile
I'm encountering this problem as well, looking forward to a solution!

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Hello Aaslestad,

The issue should be fixed in the next version update.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

brishel

• View Profile
Aaslestad, for the moment you can just toggle that feature off when you want to pin markers on unaligned photos. A five-second inconvenience.

rexsham

• View Profile
I seems to be still encountering this problem in 1.4.4
When I enabled Refine Marker Projections based on image content, after I dragged some Blue Flags and turn it green, suddenly Photoscan will refresh the image selection pane and remove most of the Green Flags.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Hello rexsham,

In case you are able to reproduce this behavior, can you please provide some information regarding steps that should be followed in order that we could also track it on our side.

Anything special about clicking, dragging and etc.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC