Forum

Author Topic: Help with automated turn table setup  (Read 1678 times)

holoped

• View Profile
Help with automated turn table setup
« on: March 13, 2017, 10:36:44 PM »
Hey all,

I built an automated turn-table that does 52 exposures per rotation and will automatically trigger the camera. I'm shooting against a greenscreen, and I'm using Agisoft's "Import mask from background" function to create a perfect mask of the objects.

Some objects work well, and some fail completely, like the example attached here.

Any tips? I assume this failed due to lack of features, is there anything that can be done about it?

Any tricks would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Kiesel

• View Profile
Re: Help with automated turn table setup
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 09:57:49 PM »
Hey holoped,

1. you have to fill your photos with as much object as you can for higher resolution to detect some more features. If that doesn't help:

2. you can use some helping pattern on your object. If it is allowed to spray it with color is one way, if not project some pattern on it. But then you have the next problem, your turntable solution. For that you can mount some (atleast three) laser pointers with pattern projection mode on your turntable so that they move with your object and are stable in relation to your object. Another way would be to built an "inverse turntable" where the pattern projected object is standing in the centrum and the camera is moving around it.

Just ideas to start.

Karsten