Forum

Author Topic: Help! "Can't Open File" errors in 2 recent projects  (Read 10746 times)

cds_sf

• View Profile
Help! "Can't Open File" errors in 2 recent projects
« on: October 08, 2017, 05:46:28 PM »
In the past week I have had two models that cannot be opened. One gave an error that thhe thumbnails could not be found.  The other that chunk3.zip could not be found.  In both cases these are recent projects created in the 1.3.x line, and opened in the same or a later version of photoscan.  I have tried on multiple computers.  The files were saved by photoscan.  I have not modified anything inside the .files folder.

Help!  One of these projects is for a deadline, and I need to export orthomosaics today.  The project was fine yesterday.  I ran a batch process overnight which completed.  I loaded another project, then attempted to reload this project and received the error.  This project has multiple chunks, and includes several point clouds and meshes.  The .files folder is now only 131KB? I almost always have everything backed up, but in this case, I am traveling, and only have one copy with all the parts that were already built.  I was loading and saving to an external drive.  Other projects on the same drive load fine.

cds_sf

• View Profile
Re: Help! "Can't Open File" errors in 2 recent projects
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 07:54:47 PM »
Here is a little more information.  In the latest project I was working on 1.3.4 on a Macbook pro running MacOS 10.10.5. Photoscan Pro was acting strange with weird artifacts as I moved and zoomed things.  This was before the .files folder was corrupted.  Given the current size of that folder, I assume all of my data is lost, including builds of ultra high dense clouds and 8-10 million face models.  I have some of this data on a machine in my office, but I am traveling and don't have access to it.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 10:17:25 PM »
Hello cds_sf,

What messages do you see in the Console pane when trying to open the project?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

cds_sf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 11:25:31 PM »
Error: Can't open file: No such file or directory (2): /Volumes/CHITransfer/E8233498_B_C-Tlingit-Panels/E8233498C-E8233498B-Tlingit-Panels.files/3/chunk.zip

Please note that I did not edit or change anything in the .files folder, and this is the right location for it. Also, "get info" for this folder is now showing only 16KB in size for the E8233498C-E8233498B-Tlingit-Panels.files folder - and it should be much larger, since it contained multiple dense clouds and meshes of many millions of points and faces.

GrinGEO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 06:34:07 PM »
same error while working on a project... I cannot save anything after 5 hours of CGP settings...

2017-11-21 16:31:15 Error: Can't read project: O:/OFME.Drone 85622 Feldkirchen KG CA-IMMO.files/0/0/point_cloud/point_cloud.zip

Even not save as Archive... what should I do now?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 06:43:17 PM »
Hello GrinGEO,

Which PhotoScan version you are using? Is the specified path accessible and whether the archive with the point cloud data is not empty?

At first you can try to export markers to XML file (it will contain the input coordinate information and also projections on the individual photos), to avoid the loss of work.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

GrinGEO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 06:59:49 PM »
Version 1.3.0 buid 3772 64bit

Unfortunately I canno even open the project rom another machine with Demo version. Same error

And no the folder is not empty. I have point_cloud.zip.tmp with about 18 MB size

Unfortunately also renaming it to .zip doesnt work

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 07:05:41 PM »
Hello GrinGEO,

Probably the project hasn't been properly saved, for example, due to the insufficient disk space, if you are using remote or network driver.

I can suggest to remove the Tie Points from the project and try to re-save the project to another location, providing that there's sufficient disk space (before that you can back-up all the project files, just for case. Also I suggest to export markers to the XML file).

And in general it's recommended to use latest release version (1.3.4), since the version 1.3.0 may contain some bugs that were already fixed during later updates.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

GrinGEO

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 01:22:21 AM »
The files are stored on a local disc... so I don't understand where the issue is. The Disc does have 1.5 TB free space

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 11:08:23 AM »
Hello GrinGEO,

In case the overall size of the project (PSX + .files folder) is not very big, maybe you can send it to support@agisoft.com, so that we could try to see, where the problem occurs during the open operation?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

GrinGEO

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 01:46:08 PM »
mhh trying to rebuild the Tie Points... it stat processing and says "Can't change size" and stops the building. Sorry forgot to mention that I upgraded yesterday to PS Pro 1.40
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 02:00:41 PM by GrinGEO »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 03:03:55 PM »
So if the project data too large to be sent to us for internal investigation?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

GrinGEO

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 03:28:57 PM »
27 GB with Orthomosaic & 1.8 withouth. Does not make sense atm. Im doing Dense Cloud so lets hope I can go forward to deliver project to client

GrinGEO

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2017, 02:41:16 PM »
I have again an issue.... and Im desperated... I have again lost the work of almost 1 week with this errors in Agisoft...

Now it cant find the elvetation.zip file of the chunk, but it is still there on the disc.... whats going on. I cant deliver the project to my clients and Im loosing thousends of euros becouse of this Agisoft bugs...

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2017, 02:48:23 PM »
Hello GrinGEO,

Can you share the project data (maybe except the orthomosaic folder) with us, so that we can try to see, what's the reason of the problem)?

If you can recall the latest operations that you have performed with the project (since it's working state) and specify PhotoScan version used, it would be also helpful.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC