Forum

Author Topic: Depth Maps Won't Export  (Read 1682 times)

OliverSherlock

Depth Maps Won't Export
« on: October 16, 2017, 11:34:02 PM »
Hi, first time poster here. I've been using the software for a couple days now and I'm not sure if I've found a bug or if I'm just doing a rookie error but I've read as much as I can find online and I haven't found an answer yet so I was hoping someone could help!

I'm trying to export Depth, Diffuse and Normal maps by right clicking on a photo and clicking "Export Depth". I've built a "High" level Dense Cloud, High Poly Mesh from my photos (18 of a bit of tree trunk) and created an 8K texture map which exported fine.

I've set up the Depth, Normal and Diffuse maps to export to a folder on my Desktop but, when I click export, the progress bar takes 30 seconds before reaching 100% and disappearing (Which seems too quick for me) and no maps are to be found. I've tried exporting to different folders and I've checked "All Files" on my Mac but I can't find anything so they're definitely not exporting.

I'm not sure if I'm missing a step and It's not asking me what size to export the maps at, I assumed it would copy the 8K used by the texture map but, obviously, the exports are only taking 30 seconds (Where as the Texture map took 40 minutes) so that's definitely not right. I'm just really confused and I'm not sure what I've missed so if someone could lend me a hand, I'd be really grateful!

Other than this issue, I'm loving the software and having great fun turning photos into Meshs so thank you for creating this!

Thanks in advance,

Oliver Sherlock.