Forum

Author Topic: Photoscan to Zbrush workflow texture problem  (Read 2368 times)

matheus

• View Profile
Photoscan to Zbrush workflow texture problem
« on: October 11, 2017, 10:21:54 PM »
Hi! Quite new to scanning and trying to find a decent workflow. I haven´t yet though... :-[

I tried this:

1. Aligned photos in Agisoft Photoscan
2. Build dense cloud
3. Build mesh
4. Exported model as obj
5. Imported to Zbrush
6 Used Zremesher and after that created polygrouped UV-islands.
Unwrapped in UVmaster
7. Exported out as obj
8. Imported mesh (in the old project I built everything in the beginning)
9. Built textures with "Keep UV"

10. The texture isn´t aligned at all? Why?  :(

I have done this like a million times now and this workflow doesn´t work. I have read other posts about this and for many it seem to work... What am I missing? Can it be that Zbrush changed its (models) position? Is there something that I should be aware of? Can anyone show me some direction of what to look for, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Photoscan to Zbrush workflow texture problem
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 03:11:46 PM »
Hello matheus,

When you import the model back to PhotoScan does it fit the original position?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

matheus

• View Profile
Re: Photoscan to Zbrush workflow texture problem
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 12:41:58 PM »
Thanks for the answer! Sorry for the late reply but I have been trying different things. Nothing have worked though.  I compared the imported version (from Photoscan) of the obj-file with the one that were ready to export from Zbrush and there was no change in position. I don´t know though if Photoscan change position because I don´t know where to read what coordinates the model has. I own Photoscan (standard version).

When I have built the texture in Photoscan it looks like it has been scaled (to a bigger size) (otherwise it look ok). Can it be that Photoscan change the size somehow?

I know Zbrush has the thing with flipped uvs when importing textures but that isn´t something that has any impact on exporting obj´s (not what I know of).

Thanks