Forum

Author Topic: Constraints for a multi-camera system  (Read 2081 times)

Luca Perfetti

• View Profile
Constraints for a multi-camera system
« on: October 23, 2017, 12:40:28 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm currently testing the possibility of using python scripting to constrain the relative positions and orientations of a multi-camera system.
My goal is to acquire images with multiple cameras (let's say four) rigidly mounted on a hand-carryable device. During the alignment process, I would like Photoscan to orient the whole set considering the relative distances between the cameras and their relative orientations as constraints.
is there a way in Photoscan that allows me to implement such constraints both initially and during the bundle adjustment?

for now, after having calibrated the different cameras and their relative distances, I managed to impose them using scalebars but I'm struggling in constraining the relative orientations.
Furthermore, I'm not sure that Photoscan can consider those constraints "dynamically" during the bundle adjustment.

Any suggestion?

I thought I could impose the camera's coordinates and normals by creating a chunk for each shooting position of the multi-camera system, in this way I would have ended up with a bunch of chunks containing four already oriented images with their own calibration already loaded. I would then have run a point-based chunks alignment.
But my problem here is that Photoscan only accepts my coordinates as initials and doesn't let me run the chunks alignment without first having performed the photos alignment (which I cannot run because, for now, my cameras are in panoramic configuration).

Thank you all in advance,
Luca