Forum

Author Topic: Bundler from RC on import - wrong reprojection errors and probably dimensions  (Read 4194 times)

Vlad

• View Profile
I have two problems with importing cameras and undistorted images exported from RealityCapture.

120 cameras from camera rig. Alignment report in RC 0.5px reprojection error, mean and median reprojection errors about 0.2~0.3px.

Export cameras as Bundler .out v0.3 z-inverted. and undistorted images.

Photoscan import images and bundler without problem, but when i try check reprojection error Gradual selection show me errors around 3000-4000px. And texturing exported from RC meshes create awful result.

For check issue i export and import bundler from RC back to RC. And report have mostly the same sizes as in original RC project.
But if i export imported to Photoscan cameras as Bundler and open this file in RC it show me same as in Photoscan wrong dimension: 4000-3000 px error.

Cameras in project have different lens settings.

And second issue that i found workaround for this moment, but it still weird. If project have any cameras with vertical orientation export this camera as Bundler and import this bundler to Photoscan show wrong orientation (all cameras are horizontal).
Workaround it clear rotation tag and use in project only horizontal images. In this case imported bundler project show cameras in correct orientation.

This problems exist in latest stable and beta releases. In Standard and Pro versions. Please fix this issue as soon as possible.

ANd here the files for tests:

RC Original: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vc44zocnf82iatx/20171019-2031-RC_Lab_mm.out?dl=0

RC-> Bundler -> AP -> Bundler: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jaim56afn8gumhc/20171019-2031-RC_Lab_mm_AP.out?dl=0

AP origina (from original images aligned in Photoscan)l: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x71xpz1l5gj9mn9/ME4.out?dl=0

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello Vlad,

It would be helpful if you can share PhotoScan project in PSZ format that shows the high reprojection errors (just cameras and sparse cloud). You can send it to support@agisoft.com.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Vlad

• View Profile
ok, file sent.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello Vlad,

It seems that there are some issues with the camera interior orientation parameters. In the project that you have provided the EXIF information for the images is missing, so they are all put to the same calibration group in the Camera Calibration window. It means that all of them would have the same calibration values (for example, focal length) when bundler file is imported. And this looks to be incorrect.

However, if you split the camera calibration groups prior to the bundler.out import (right click on the default camera group in Camera Calibration window and choose Split option, then close the calibration dialog and import the camera positions).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC